2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

32 minutes ago, NewEnglandRaida said:

I don't even remember the last time I logged in to make a comment, but this FA thread is just ridiculously bipolar. As we were getting into free agency, every thread seemed negative with a little hope. Then we land Wilkins and all the comments seemed like it was Christmas in Vegas. Fast forward another week and majority are back to negative... because we didn't land Justin F'ing Fields? For anyone sad about missing that train, do you watch football? Forget what you read about anyone's interest. Just watch the man throw the football and then ask yourself if you REALLY wanted him. Minshew isn't our QB answer, he is our stop gap clearly. And he is 1000x better option for us in that role than Fields. To try and justify it by compensation only works if you think they are both equally capable and I for one think Fields is not capable at all. Again, my metric is WATCHING football. And for those who are complaining about Wilkins contract, that's the name of the game. You have to pay big name FA's to land them. We did. People act like paying him and Minshew is coming out of their own wallet. And before you say we could have spent that on other players, well we didn't and there is no saying we would have. So why be negative and pissy about what you think may have been and not try to be positive towards the season? I am liking what Telesco is doing so far and rightfully so. Fields could have gone for an 8th and I wouldn't care. The man who worked with him last year clearly indicated he's not the guy. We hired a new staff who is smarter than each of us at their respective job so I will put my faith in them until we see the results. My biggest hope now is we walk away from the draft with one of the top 6 QBs. I have my preferences but I'll be happy with any of them if our staff did their homework and took a shot.

There’s a group of posters who are negative about 90% of everything the team does. In reality, we have improved upon a team that finished the season hot

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

so Alexander Mattison, Tre White, Mike Williams in for visits. Mattison sucked last year, I would rather gamble on Penny or CEH

I'd rather gamble on a day 3 RB or a UDFA rookie.  I'm glad we are at least kicking the tires on some players and trying to load up with all the cap space we have.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I'd rather gamble on a day 3 RB or a UDFA rookie.  I'm glad we are at least kicking the tires on some players and trying to load up with all the cap space we have.

That’s what I was thinking but if Zeus flops or gets hurt having some experience would be nice.

15 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I wonder if Herbert from the Bears becomes available at some point this offseason 

Bears signed Swift to a big contract and Drafted Johnson last year

25 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Ideally we bring in a cheap vet, and then draft a Day3 prospect

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He's a JAG. Would love someone with more pop.

Agreed. A year or two years ago I thought he was a good player that was being held back by a dynamic rb.  Now that he’s had an opportunity to handle a full load, I’ve done a complete 180. Total JAG

I'd actually be interested in Mattison. 

Last year, when he got the shot to be the feature back, it was decidedly underwhelming and not particularly good. 

That said, I would like to see him in different surroundings. He was a solid backup prior and Minnesota had a ton of issues on offense last year. 

I don't think he's a RB1, but he could very well be worth a cheap prove-it deal to add some bodies to the backfield. Brown and McCormick seem like lost causes and Adbullah is older than AL Davis. Could be wrong about any of those 3, mind you, but I'd like to have options, especially cheap ones. 

I don't like giving passes to guys who underwhelm on otherwise good teams. To me, Minnesota's offense was ridiculously hamstrung last year and I want to know if it truly reflects Mattison's abilities at this point. 

Mike Williams would be a big pick up. Would complement the WR Corp perfectly. Only problem is health. Him and Tre White, would be two boom or bust type signing I could get behind. 

10 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Corum would be fantastic. I wonder if he can be had in the 3rd/4th.

I've seen late 3rd/early 4th. 

But this RB is shallower than an Instagram model. I fear he gets pushed up a bit higher than anticipated as a result. 

• Like 1