Rapaport: Expect Bears to retain Eberflus as head coach in 2024

G08

Just now, TankWilliams said:

And the question was not "How long before you decided what we are doing at QB" it was "Are you making the same timeframe on the decision of trading the pick as you were last year?"

So what the **** is your point? Whether he takes until April because he's taking the same time frame as last year or because he needs that amount of time, so ******* what? It makes no difference. He can take until Goodell walks off of the stage and says the Bears are on the clock for all I care. Get it right and nobody will care

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Who gets the Bama job is almost as interesting as any of these NFL gigs...

Saban retiring is a massive shift for college football...no one can argue he is easily one of if not the greatest.

Why do I feel like Pete Carroll is going to throw his hat back in the ring after that Press Conference today?

Just now, beardown3231 said:

So what the **** is your point? Whether he takes until April because he's taking the same time frame as last year or because he needs that amount of time, so ******* what? It makes no difference. He can take until Goodell walks off of the stage and says the Bears are on the clock for all I care. Get it right and nobody will care

Because it was clearly GM speak for "I don't know, I'm not committing to anything yet".  You just are taking everything in the most negative possible interpretation.  Calm down and take a deep breath.  We don't learn any specifics at these anyway.  What would you like him to say?  We are going to have the pick traded or Fields extended on day 1 of the new league year?  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Kevin Warren's "priority" is to make sure a world class stadium is built

Mine is winning, Kevin, but yeah we know what you're here for

i mean, the stadium was the priority reason he was hired

6 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Because it was clearly GM speak for "I don't know, I'm not committing to anything yet".  You just are taking everything in the most negative possible interpretation.  Calm down and take a deep breath.  We don't learn any specifics at these anyway.  What would you like him to say?  We are going to have the pick traded or Fields extended on day 1 of the new league year?  

I actually took nothing from that other than he's going to take his time which I'm fine with. Of all of the posts I just had, you're taking that one as negative?

I didn't hear much of it, but from what I heard and X.  They really didn't say much we didn't know before press conference.  

Oline coach staying was really only thing of note.

We don't know if they are keeping Fields or drafting QB.

I think they draft QB.  But they didn't say one way or other.   We will know when Fields gets traded or the number 1 pick gets traded.

22 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Interesting for him to stop being the HC of Bama just to come to CHI and be the DC. Maybe we really can snag Lincoln for OC. 

Seems all the legendary coaches aren't loving new state of college football.

I think it was criminal you weren't allowed to be paid for your talent for a century.   

I don't even know how it works.  But from what I can tell they over complicated it.  

Just have minor league contracts.  They have to honor their contracts or break them according to contract law.  Is this America or not?

If they want to Unionize then fine.  They can do a CBA.  

No transfer portals are needed.   

What I do not like about the press conference is that Poles and Flus do not have a clear plan at OC, they want to feel it out and get the right this and that and hope to have these exploratory talks during interviews blah blah blah

WHY DON't THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHO AND WHAT THEY WANT IN AN OC ??! This bothered me aLOT 😡 

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Seems all the legendary coaches aren't loving new state of college football.

I think it was criminal you weren't allowed to be paid for your talent for a century.   

I don't even know how it works.  But from what I can tell they over complicated it.  

Just have minor league contracts.  They have to honor their contracts or break them according to contract law.  Is this America or not?

If they want to Unionize then fine.  They can do a CBA.  

No transfer portals are needed.   

I'm not super knowledgeable about the new system either.... but a comment I've heard from college coaches is it basically doubled their workload, since now they basically have to run around actively "recruiting" their OWN players, just to keep them from hopping teams on a whim, in addition to the normal scouting.

Just now, Epyon said:

I'm not super knowledgeable about the new system either.... but a comment I've heard from college coaches is it basically doubled their workload, since now they basically have to run around actively "recruiting" their OWN players, just to keep them from hopping teams on a whim, in addition to the normal scouting.

Everyone is leaving after a year.  Has to be very frustrating.

• Like 1