Finale GDT - Bears/Packers

beardown3231

In Eberflus' three games vs GB the Bears have been outscored 49-83 and obviously been 0-3. If he can win this one I'd be able to throw him a fair bit more support returning in 2024. If CHI gets smoked as they have all three other games then he goes into the offseason with just as many questions as answers.

At some point a Bears HC has to be able to stop getting bent over by GB. Since GB traded for Favre and signed White it's been the same old story with the occasional win.

Rooting for a dominant win, and Fields to (finally) show us he's actually good enough to be the guy.

Expecting us to be just good enough to get my hopes up, Fields looking bad-mid at everything but running back, and a 4th quarter Eberflus defensive collapse.

• Like 1

Roller coaster of emotions continue.

Silly as it sounds many fans will make their opinion on big offseason issues primarily off this game rather than the total body of work.  

Because it is Green Bay and because of recency bias.  

I don’t think Poles will do that even if I disagree with what he ultimately does.

Should be interesting.  I personally think regardless Bears should move on at QB and because we are moving on at QB I would move on at coach too even though I think Flus is a good coach in a lot of ways.   I think you need offensive continuity.  But I hope Justin plays well and Bears win.  

I still like Justin and Flus.  I think both can have greatness in them. If they stay I won’t be upset.

It could be they just needed that one more year to put it all together.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Roller coaster of emotions continue.

Silly as it sounds many fans will make their opinion on big offseason issues primarily off this game rather than the total body of work.  

Because it is Green Bay and because of recency bias.  

I don’t think Poles will do that even if I disagree with what he ultimately does.

Should be interesting.  I personally think regardless Bears should move on at QB and because we are moving on at QB I would move on at coach too even though I think Flus is a good coach in a lot of ways.   I think you need offensive continuity.  But I hope Justin plays well and Bears win.  

I still like Justin and Flus.  I think both can have greatness in them. If they stay I won’t be upset.

It could be they just needed that one more year to put it all together.

Shocker: I more or less agree with you.

How would you feel if they keep Flus but not Fields or vice versa?  That's the trap for the Bears I think,  and a habitual one at this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Shocker: I more or less agree with you.

How would you feel if they keep Flus but not Fields or vice versa?  That's the trap for the Bears I think,  and a habitual one at this point. 

I feel like Poles LOVES Eberflus so I wouldn't be surprised if he stays, Fields goes, and unless some catastrophic happens, Eberflus will be here after next season, too

Rodgers was deemed out for the season officially a few weeks back, and that was apparently too much time out of the news for him because today on Mcafee's show he referred to the Packers as "us." You can take the loser out of the trailer park but you can't take the trailer park out of the loser, it appears

Bears week is always special and nerve wracking. Not gonna lie, I'm nervous. You guys are playing some really good football the past 5 weeks or so. 

No matter how it ends this week, the rivalry is going to be really intense the next few years at least. Both teams are trending up. NFC North might be brutally tough next year. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Rodgers was deemed out for the season officially a few weeks back, and that was apparently too much time out of the news for him because today on Mcafee's show he referred to the Packers as "us." You can take the loser out of the trailer park but you can't take the trailer park out of the loser, it appears

Rodgers did that to get the Bears fired up. Not like your team needs it. There is no way that narcissist wants the Packers to make the playoffs the year he leaves. His ego couldn't take it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Rodgers did that to get the Bears fired up. Not like your team needs it. There is no way that narcissist wants the Packers to make the playoffs the year he leaves. His ego couldn't take it. 

Your comment immediately reminded me of this.  lol

notWebP

FWIW I agree he seems like a classic narcissist.

Honestly I'm not even that excited for the Bears games this season. Now that the offense hasn't been bumbling along it has at least been fun to watch for the most part, but I am still skeptical the Bears win vs GB - especially IN GB. Neither Fields nor Eberflus has beat GB and I'm not betting against the house. Both are motivated so who knows though?

On 1/2/2024 at 12:48 AM, Epyon said:

Rooting for a dominant win, and Fields to (finally) show us he's actually good enough to be the guy.

Expecting us to be just good enough to get my hopes up, Fields looking bad-mid at everything but running back, and a 4th quarter Eberflus defensive collapse.

Pretty much where I am at as well. 

• Like 2

Capture.png

One other thing I'm cheering for.  DJ Moore is already having the 5th best single season receiving for the Bears in terms of yardage.  There's a pretty decent chance he moves all the way up to #2 on the list with a good game, and an outside chance of #1 in yardage if he has a monster game, which is going to be a huge stretch but he did do it once this season already.   

• Like 2