Week 18- Packers vs. Bears regular season finale

Refugee

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Did you not see him erasing the angle the safety had on him on the crossing route he caught for a big gain? LOL

He also seems to be wide open a lot. 

I've seen him have opportunities to run away from defenders with the ball in his hands and he gets caught.  Maybe I've missed times when he has?

Getting open isn't dependent on speed.  Understanding how to work angles isn't dependent on speed.

Again, I'm not saying he's slow, because he isn't, and I'm not knocking him because he's played really well.  I'm saying I don't see the burner-level speed on the field.  For example, Melton might be as fast (or faster) as Watson in the 40 but he doesn't match Watson's speed or acceleration on the field.

Edited by MaximusGluteus

Karl Brooks had a lowkey great performance yesterday. Big time sack in the 2nd half where he completely worked the guard, and his hustle play on the screen to Herbert in the first half was a big-time play. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Karl Brooks had a lowkey great performance yesterday. Big time sack in the 2nd half where he completely worked the guard, and his hustle play on the screen to Herbert in the first half was a big-time play. 

That ankle tackle probably doesn’t work most of the time, but it did yesterday. It’s to his credit that he kept fighting for it even from the ground, it shows his by any means necessary mentality out there where he just keeps working. It’s got to suck trying to defend that.  He’s not the biggest guy out there but he’s not small and he’s throwing hands from every angle trying to find an edge. Great pick up in the 6th round? Lol.

• Like 1

Forgot this stat: Love threw one incompletion in the 2nd half yesterday. That one incompletion was the TD throw to Melton that was reversed and then reversed again. It was also probably Love's most awesome throw of the day (other than the other TD drop by Doubs). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Forgot this stat: Love threw one incompletion in the 2nd half yesterday. That one incompletion was the TD throw to Melton that was reversed and then reversed again. It was also probably Love's most awesome throw of the day (other than the other TD drop by Doubs). 

That pass was this weeks piss missile :)

• Like 2

Observations.

We won the war of the trenches.  Actually?  Dominated.  

I was super impressed with our o-line play.  Run game was a thing of beauty.  All of them.  I saw JRJ move a guy about 6 yards or so on a play that I watched him.  I think he took out a MLB on that play as well.

Loved watching Walker block in this game.  He was finally showing some "nasty" out there.  

Can't say that I noticed Rhyan do anything great.  I watched him a few times and he just looked the part of a passable guard.

I don't know for sure, but I'd like to know what Moore's stats were against JA.  Seemed to me like when he got his, it was in more zone coverage, or they got him matched up on Valentine.

Loved LVN playing EDGE with his hand in the dirt.  That power is really showing itself right now.  Could be just me, but I feel like he's ahead of the learning curve when compared to young Gary.

Karl Brooks is the IDL that we've wanted forever.  Wow.  Draft me another fatty in this draft and let Wyatt and Brooks do some feasting inside.

Kraft.  Let's just end this now.  He ended the turd round curse.  We saw the clinching reception.  But there was a run play to the left side, wide.  Kraft went in motion got a block on the edge, then turned his butt to the hole.  Made it a very clean running lane.  Walker blew guys downfield and it was an easy 10+yard run.  With Kraft it isn't just the receiving, his blocking is really something good, too.

Jones.  Night and day different how everything looks with him in the backfield.  I don't care who we draft as RB2 or RB3, but that kid needs to have acceleration and vision.  Jones is a huge difference maker.

Why?  Because our play action stuff is deadly.  Kudos to all receivers.  Not sure that both Melton and Doubs didn't also catch TD's.  Wicks was ultra impressive.  Reed was great as well.  Reed/Wick > Watson/Doubs.

Love.  My oh my.  Those feet really impressed me.  Not nervous.  Just methodical.  Showed off almost everything in his arm talent.  Even that touch screen.  Those daggers to Reed on the left sideline, then Kraft to end the game were just beautiful throws that came outside of the pocket.

Carlson.  Just me or does he hate the left hash?  And is he hurt?  Wind that bad yesterday?  He couldn't consistently get them kickoffs into the end zone and our coverage teams just weren't getting it done.

MLF.  The man has been directing a great offense recently.  And hopefully it is his influence that is leading this defensive resurgence.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Observations.

We won the war of the trenches.  Actually?  Dominated.  

I was super impressed with our o-line play.  Run game was a thing of beauty.  All of them.  I saw JRJ move a guy about 6 yards or so on a play that I watched him.  I think he took out a MLB on that play as well.

Loved watching Walker block in this game.  He was finally showing some "nasty" out there.  

Can't say that I noticed Rhyan do anything great.  I watched him a few times and he just looked the part of a passable guard.

I don't know for sure, but I'd like to know what Moore's stats were against JA.  Seemed to me like when he got his, it was in more zone coverage, or they got him matched up on Valentine.

Loved LVN playing EDGE with his hand in the dirt.  That power is really showing itself right now.  Could be just me, but I feel like he's ahead of the learning curve when compared to young Gary.

Karl Brooks is the IDL that we've wanted forever.  Wow.  Draft me another fatty in this draft and let Wyatt and Brooks do some feasting inside.

Kraft.  Let's just end this now.  He ended the turd round curse.  We saw the clinching reception.  But there was a run play to the left side, wide.  Kraft went in motion got a block on the edge, then turned his butt to the hole.  Made it a very clean running lane.  Walker blew guys downfield and it was an easy 10+yard run.  With Kraft it isn't just the receiving, his blocking is really something good, too.

Jones.  Night and day different how everything looks with him in the backfield.  I don't care who we draft as RB2 or RB3, but that kid needs to have acceleration and vision.  Jones is a huge difference maker.

Why?  Because our play action stuff is deadly.  Kudos to all receivers.  Not sure that both Melton and Doubs didn't also catch TD's.  Wicks was ultra impressive.  Reed was great as well.  Reed/Wick > Watson/Doubs.

Love.  My oh my.  Those feet really impressed me.  Not nervous.  Just methodical.  Showed off almost everything in his arm talent.  Even that touch screen.  Those daggers to Reed on the left sideline, then Kraft to end the game were just beautiful throws that came outside of the pocket.

Carlson.  Just me or does he hate the left hash?  And is he hurt?  Wind that bad yesterday?  He couldn't consistently get them kickoffs into the end zone and our coverage teams just weren't getting it done.

MLF.  The man has been directing a great offense recently.  And hopefully it is his influence that is leading this defensive resurgence.  

Did you post on the GDT? I thought you were out fishing.

14 hours ago, squire12 said:

teams that are likely to be in need of a QB

Non-playoff teams:  WAS, NE, NYG, ATL, MIN, DEN, LV

there are some playoff teams that might be looking:  TB, PITT, LAR

Like you said earlier, I think it's going to require a team that is willing to build their offense around what Fields does well.  BAL is the only team that comes to mind for me, and there he would obviously be QB2.  Had the Falcons not fired Smith, I could have seen them making a run at Fields.  It took Lamar quite a while before he looked as much like a QB as RB.  If Fields is going to get there, it will probably be on a similar timeline, and he'll need a similar environment.

44 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Love very easily could have been 29-32 for 350 and 4 TD's yesterday.  I'm guessing that would have been a perfect rating.  He had basically one bad pass on the day, and another completion along the sidelines at the end of the half that he now wishes he would have airmailed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Like you said earlier, I think it's going to require a team that is willing to build their offense around what Fields does well.  BAL is the only team that comes to mind for me, and there he would obviously be QB2.  Had the Falcons not fired Smith, I could have seen them making a run at Fields.  It took Lamar quite a while before he looked as much like a QB as RB.  If Fields is going to get there, it will probably be on a similar timeline, and he'll need a similar environment.

I could see Jim Harbaugh building an updated version of the Kaepernick offense around Fields if he winds up in Chicago or Las Vegas.  If I was the Bears, Harbaugh would be getting the red carpet rolled out for him in Chicago.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Low key? It was pretty noticeable 

https://x.com/jacobmorley/status/1744417992748732530?s=46&t=fptgYtQ-rJhbexsz_O7tFQ

• Like 1