BDL Discussion Thread 2024

20 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Raleigh
1.  QB – Need I say more?
2.  CB – A lot of bodies and youth, but who can they rely on?
3.  RB Depth – They have arguably the best RB in the NFL, but if he gets hurt…

1. I have many questions. First, how dare you, sir??????

2. This was the plan when I flipped the room, to load up on youth then go after one in FA.

3. Ok but you didn’t put Center when I literally have 0 players currently on an NFL roster is a choice…..😂

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

1. I have many questions. First, how dare you, sir??????

2. This was the plan when I flipped the room, to load up on youth then go after one in FA.

3. Ok but you didn’t put Center when I literally have 0 players currently on an NFL roster is a choice…..😂

What part of 'I was drinking while doing this' was unclear?

17 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

1. Likely that Engram gets 3 up for this reason.

2. FA

3. Fresh off the draft and Cooper already forgotten. Cine hasn't done anything yet. Possible 3 up for safety, but thats also FA.

Overall, I agree with the positions.

Oh, I was giving Cooper credit.  The issue is more the LB playing next to Cooper.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Cuba
1.  TE – They have almost nothing.
2.  OC – They actually have nothing.
3.  DL – Gary, Van Ness, and Sieler are a nice trio, but who is the 4th DL, and where is the depth?

Thanks for doing this Rags.

We have many needs. A lot of cap space. You get the picture.

Cole Strange would start at center if we had to play today.

DJ Jones is the starting DT right now. Karl Brooks figures to get more snaps.

On 4/13/2024 at 1:34 PM, Ragnarok said:

LV
1.  TE – Likely isn’t a BDL #1.
2.  LB – Payton should start quick, but after that…
3.  CB – That’s just a rough group.

I like the list alot above and don't disagree. All 3 positions were only addressed via 1 drafted or traded for player during the draft. Was less focused on needs (besides INT) during the draft and more on BPA as we have lots of spots to fill and depth to acquire slowly.

CB I would have liked to have added more to by this point (will look to find some options in FA). I honestly didn't have a great deal of faith in this CB draft class. So I am gonna wait until I find the right fits.

14 minutes ago, InjuredReserve said:

I like the list alot above and don't disagree. All 3 positions were only addressed via 1 drafted or traded for player during the draft. Was less focused on needs (besides INT) during the draft and more on BPA as we have lots of spots to fill and depth to acquire slowly.

CB I would have liked to have added more to by this point (will look to find some options in FA). I honestly didn't have a great deal of faith in this CB draft class. So I am gonna wait until I find the right fits.

For the record, I think you are generally building a team in a very smart way.  Getting the trenches built up, supporting the QB, building on strengths, and adding a lot of lottery tickets to your roster. 

It's what I did after I traded away Rodgers a few years back.

But an offense with Lamar, Jaylen/Zamir, Deebo/Evans/Downs, Alaric/Nelson/McCoy/Thuney/Sewell will be a challenge to defend.

• Like 1

Cancun

1.  OT – Broderick should settle one spot, but who is reliable on the other side?
2.  OG – They only have Zion and Cordell.  That’s not good enough.
3.  CB – They are relying on McCollum and Jack Jones to be BDL Caliber which is unsure at best.  Who is the 3rd CB?

1. Deeply funny you are taking it on faith Broderick is settling one spot but not Rasheed Walker, who had the most starts of any tackle on my roster last year.

2. I would count Stromberg as a guard as well since that's his only route to playing time in Washington--not that that makes it any better. One of those three will start at left guard though.

3. We don't need a 3rd CB, we play a safety over the slot. When we do use a third CB, Carrington Valentine had 12 starts last year and should be a solid contributor in a zone scheme like what he'll be playing both here and IRL.

On 4/13/2024 at 2:09 PM, SirA1 said:

Sow got a ton of starts last season and will do so again.

Four. He got four starts.

Post Draft Areas of Need

CPP

1.  RB Depth – Bijan needs a running mate
2.  TE Depth – As much injury history as Kittle has, they need a backup.
3.  OL Depth – They have 4 very promising, young OL and a solid vet in Scherff.  And no other OL.

I, too, disagree with everything. (I mean, not really, and you clearly nailed it, but I want to fit in around here.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blue said:

1. Deeply funny you are taking it on faith Broderick is settling one spot but not Rasheed Walker, who had the most starts of any tackle on my roster last year.

2. I would count Stromberg as a guard as well since that's his only route to playing time in Washington--not that that makes it any better. One of those three will start at left guard though.

3. We don't need a 3rd CB, we play a safety over the slot. When we do use a third CB, Carrington Valentine had 12 starts last year and should be a solid contributor in a zone scheme like what he'll be playing both here and IRL.

Four. He got four starts.

1.  Yes, I think it's more likely that Broderick develops into a BDL caliber OT.

2.  Fair.

3.  I'm sure MWil loves the mindset of 'we only need two CBs' especially when those two have questions marks.

• Like 2

2025 top 8 using 2024 BDL draft order 

1.1 Greenland- James Pearce Jr Edge Tennessee

Pearce has elite edge potential and is the top player in the class for me. For Greenland picking first again after already taking two QBs in the irl first last year Pearce will add an exciting cornerstone for them on defense.

1.2 Raleigh- Shadeur Sanders QB Colorado 

Not sure if he will be the top QB next year but for now this projection he is. If Raleigh is picking 2nd it’s because none of their QBs took a leap and they need to take another shot here.

1.3 Cwmfelinfach- Will Johnson CB Michigan 

They took two top 10 QBs last year and took a cornerstone LT so what’s left here is taking a corner to fill the loss of Sauce. Johnson is the top corner in the class as of now and would give Cwm the presence they need.

1.4 Ivory Coast- Will Campbell OT LSU

Campbell or Banks will compete for the top OT prospect. IC gets the future replacement for Trent here to pair with Guyton.

1.5 Las Vegas- Travis Hunter CB Colorado 

Vegas looks to build up the secondary and land the versatile Hunter here to do so. Some other options are possible here but they take the swing here with an additional first to come.

1.6 Berlin (from Hungary)- Kelvin Banks Jr OT Texas

This is BPA/need vs BPA in Burden. Banks could play RT for Berlin giving them a super talented duo to pair with Wirfs.

1.7 Lancaster (from Cuba)- Harold Perkins LB LSU

Defense!!!! Rack can use the versatile Perkins all over the front to get after Trevor Lawrence. 

1.8 Hungary (from Akureyri)- Luther Burden WR Missouri 

Hungary really retooled with veteran WR’s through trades. Adding a young stud to develop with the group though would be a great move.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

1.7 Cuba- Harold Perkins LB LSU

I could see Cuba going with Burden but WR really isn’t a need for them at the moment. Perkins would give them a fun versatile weapon on defense who can get after the passer as well as cover ground in coverage.   

Don’t own this pick.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Don’t own this pick.

4 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I think Hungary has my 1st next year,   In complaints that are minor at this point 

Ahh looked at 2026 on accident when I went back into the sheet

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

1.  Yes, I think it's more likely that Broderick develops into a BDL caliber OT.

3.  I'm sure MWil loves the mindset of 'we only need two CBs' especially when those two have questions marks.

Still-Walker is the most proven tackle on my roster (right now, Tunsil is getting 3 Upped unless something weird happens). He played really well down the stretch, too.

As far as corner, I directly told you on Discord when you were trying to sell me St. Juste:

McCollum + Jones on the outside pending FA, where we will 100% add another starter outside

So I know you know I'm not planning on going into the season without adding another veteran starter, and we just drafted two corners. We have tons of options there--they just aren't high draft picks, which is obviously the only thing that matters.