43 Xavier Worthy WR Texas   32 Greenland
44 Bo Nix QB Oregon   65 Ivory Coast
45 Kamari Lassiter CB Georgia   74 Ivory Coast
46 Ricky Pearsall WR Florida   39 Rome
47 Jordan Morgan OT Arizona   42 Berlin
48 Braden Fiske DT FSU   41 Las Vegas
  • Like 1

2.4 C Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon

Loved JPJ from the moment I started watching prospects in January. Young with positional versatility on the interior, he should be my center of the future going forward and will hopefully be the starting pivot as soon as his rookie year.

3.6 RB Jonathon Brooks, Texas

Still not even 21. My scouting notes on Brooks included the line "Just a freaking football player, man." Three down back with receiving chops and not a lot of tread on his tires. I've seen a Jamaal Charles comp, and I see shades of peak Pittsburgh era Le'veon Bell to his game. Combined with the Cowboys and their awful RB room showing interest, and I had to have him on my team.

4.11 OT Patrick Paul, Houston

Paul is a little bit of an older prospect but he really impressed me with his smooth pass sets at Houston. He's got the athletic profile to be a left tackle starter somewhere in the NFL, and I have long since learned the value of tackle depth. Along with Rasheed Walker and Broderick Jones, I have a lot of options to help me move on from Laremy Tunsil's big contract in a year or two.

4.15 DT Maason Smith, LSU

Another young player, Smith looked like a future first rounder as a true freshman before injuries knocked him the last couple years. Other LSU players have gotten nicked up in recent years and not played their best as juniors before going on to have better pro careers, and I'm hoping Smith rediscovers his form as well. It also gives me some much-needed depth at defensive tackle, where I have historically struggled.

5.13 CB Khyree Jackson, Oregon

And we're back to the older players, Jackson is a perfect fit for the Cover-3/press-zone type of coverage we want to play on the outside. Really like his size and physicality, and although age is a concern, Oregon has done a great job of producing NFL defensive back talent in recent years. Did a little bit of everything on the stat sheet for Oregon.

6.10 CB Cam Hart, Notre Dame

Like Jackson, a little on the older side but has a lot of experience and has played very well the last couple years for Notre Dame. Size and length are big plusses, and if he had hauled in more interceptions, he probably would have gotten a lot more attention. Again, not a guy we expect to be a star or playmaker but adds depth and could be an early contributor both in the NFL and BDL.

6.13 TE Jaheim Bell, FSU

A Swiss army knife offensive weapon in the mold of Kyle Juszczyk, I think Bell's pro career depends heavily on where he goes and how he's utilized. He's at worst an H-back with good hands and quality blocking in space who can be a great complement to Mayer and Moreau in our offense.

7.4 Edge Mo Kamara, Colorado State

Super productive, a little bit older like a lot of our later picks but still a good athlete who I think translates well to the NFL. Hoping he goes to a 3-4 team that gives him a shot outside early on.

I wanted to come away from this draft with a receiver, but I'm not too bothered I didn't; there will be a handful of guys available in PFA and Shark Tank, and it'll be nice to see IRL landing spots for them to maximize rookie year impact. maybe three of these players will see game day rosters, and none are going to be Week 1 starters barring disaster or major training camp/preseason success. I haven't had a lot of success with late-round selections in BDL, but here's hoping at least one of these guys pans out as a hit.

• Like 8

Anchorage Draft Review

1.3 Malik Nabers WR LSU Age: 20 

BB Ranking: 3

My favorite early projected prospect in the class. Everyone knew it I didn’t hide it, he was my guy and I did everything I could through a multiple step maneuvering process to make sure we landed him. Once I felt (whether right or wrong) the stock begin to rise as I originally had picks 1.6, 1.10, 1.11 it was time to maneuver with the plan always being to add Malik at all costs. Nabers is explosive and smooth and provides us with the ability to work inside and out with a player we see as our Z receiver who can attack at all levels, from deep to underneath where he can break tackles and take it the distance. 

1.4 Rome Odunze WR UW Age: 21

BB Ranking: 4

Another WR and more maneuvering to get our guy. Similar to Nabers we felt the stock being higher than we originally expected it would get and made the move up. Rome profiles as a X for us and we love his ability on all types of routes, contested catches, body control, release packages, overall play style, you name it. We looked to reset our WR contract clock by trading Chase and banking on the two rookies to combine with three rookies from last class to give us a young exciting group to develop together. 

1.12 Brock Bowers TE UGA Age: 21

BB Ranking: 5

The plan at 1.6 was to take Bowers or Turner before making the decision to trade up and go get Odunze. Once we saw Bowers sliding we had to make the move to go up and get him. My favorite Dawg ever this pick is the ultimate go get your guy pick. Positional value is why we passed originally plus we liked the Njoku and Likely combo we had (later trading Likely) but once he started what we considered the slide it was time to take action. Bowers is an offensive mismatch weapon. Not a traditional TE frame but also not traditional TE movement ability. Profiles like a big slot, someone who can be moved around the formation looking for mismatches.  

2.7 Graham Barton OL Duke Age: 21

BB Ranking: 21

Barton was someone we originally traded up to 2.3 to pick from 2.9. We ended up moving 2.3 in the Bowers trade up but still landed him here. We probably didn’t need to move up and in fact he could have likely gone lower but we really wanted to secure him for our interior oline which we felt other than receiver was our biggest weakness. A college LT with great movement skills and play intensity who doesn’t have the length to survive outside. He may end up a C or G but we like whatever versatility he can bring. He reminds us of Joe Thuney as a prospect. He’s intelligent and well spoken and the type of presence that fits what we want. We look forward to plugging him into our interior and are excited to see where his fit is on draft day. 

2.14 Amarius Mims OT UGA Age: 21

BB Ranking: 15

We paid a pretty penny to move up for Mims. We were very torn on him or Barton once 2.7 came around and we did a lot of back and forth. Ultimately we paid a steep price of a 2025 1st to go get him to add to our OL. We love the player but the obvious concerns are health and durability. This was a big risky swing (literally and figuratively) and we view it as picking him at 2.5 but cheaper contract as that was the pick we gave up originally in January (at the earliest) for the 2025 pick we traded for him. We hope he can fortify our RT spot once Brown’s contract is up and give us a pair of Dawgs at tackle that can be mainstays on our line. 

5.2 Javon Bullard DB UGA Age: 21

BB Ranking: 54

Bullard was someone we weren’t expecting to go up and get. We moved up for this pick and were still torn between he and Sinnott. And ultimately like the Barton/Mims decision we made sure to leave with both. We used the 5.10 which we got as part of Likely trade and 7.6 from our PFA trade to move up to this selection. Bullard is such an instinctive and intelligent player who can play all over the secondary except outside corner. Was the UGA nickel in their 2022 Championship season and transitioned to more of a traditional safety role last season. We love the way he fires quickly trusting his eyes and is rarely out of position. If he is, he quickly redirects and doesn’t really make the same mistake twice. Athletically and size wise he compares pretty favorably to a former draft pick of ours in Budda Baker. I’ve also seen some others compare his game to Chauncey Gardner Johnson another former draft pick of ours. We really love the versatility, intelligence, and fire he brings to our DB group. 

5.12 Ben Sinnott TE KSU Age: 21

BB: 47

Our pound for pound non first round ranked favorite player in the class. We paid a hefty price of 3 future 5ths for this pick. This is the type of TE we like and with Bowers and Njoku this wasn’t a need but we felt we had to leave this draft with our guy. Sinnott was a 0 star walk on FB transitioned to TE and has grown his game tremendously. He was our #2 ranked TE. Great explosion and agility and was a real red zone weapon at KSU. He can be moved around like a H Back and we like his ability to block on the move. We see a versatile piece to add to our offense. We felt this will either be our Kittle or Tommy Tremble pick or somewhere in between. Not as fast as Kittle but some great athletic ability himself and some more nuanced route running than I was expecting especially at the top of his routes. We look forward to implementing him with our other TE’s in our gameplan and just really hope for a great fit. 

We had a lot of departures in this offseason process and a couple additions. Different look for sure for this team but we are excited to see how this season goes and watch our young guys develop.

• Like 8

Cwmfelinfach's 2024 Draft Class

(Rounds 1-5: some guys, names I don't recall, marginal upside...)

6.16 - Johnny Wilson, TE, FSU

Johnny Wilson Accepts Senior Bowl Invite - TheOsceola

Guys... he's 6'7", 237 lbs, has an elite catch radius and ran a 4.52 40 at the combine. Start him at WR, move him to TE, I don't care: his combination of catching ability, size and speed makes him an intriguing developmental asset.

Don't just take my word. Here's the selection feedback and grade from legendary draft scout Ted:

"At this point, Wilson distinctive traits is what I'm looking for out of a 6th round pick. If he pans out, at WR or TE, you have a matchup nightmare. If he doesn't, you can sub 500 cut him. Great pick. Grade: A+."

I'm not good at math, but, if I average all of the grades above, I come up with a Final Draft Grade of A+. It's a bright new day for Cwmfelinfach.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

• Like 6

Quebec draft review.

Philosophy

With Tua 5th year and Sweat, Allen and Snead 3ups coming in, coming off of two scarce draft classes and with only 3 picks coming into the year, my goal was to get more rookie contracts in the roster since my current roster is not sustainably-built. Ended up with 6 picks, a 2026 4th and 6 PFAs to work with so I'm happy with that.

3.5 - Darius Robinson - Edge - Missouri

Traded up for him because this DL class is kinda meh and he's a versatile dude who can play the run and rush the passer. Ideally, he follow the Calais Campbell/Cam Jordan trail and become a defensive chess piece that I find extremely valuable in BDL.

5.6 - Kiran Amegadjie - OT - Yale

I think Kiran was the last potential franchise LT in this class. Dude has fantastic size and very nimble feet, which are two traits I think as necessary to be a great LT in the NFL. Of course it's going to take some time and he needs to be coached up but with Dawkins and Tom starting at T I don't need immediate production. 

5.10 - Jaden Hicks - SS - Wazzou St

I love his size/speed/physicallity combo. His instincts in coverage are a work in a progress but I never really had a hard hitting safety who can fly like him. Loved his tape in WSU and he'll back up Brisker first and we'll see how it evolves after

5.13 - Elijah Jones - CB - Boston College

When I watched Elijah tape, I kept thinking: why the f didn't I hear about this dude before. He's tall, long, fast, fairly fluid and has great ball skills. That's a good zone off coverage CB to start with, and if he can improve his play strength he can become a press man coverage and a pretty good one at that. His age is the main knock on him imho but I'm very fond of that guy.

7.2 - Devontez Walker - WR - UNC

The prospect everyone loves to hate. WR is a logjam and I expected him to fall. At this point of the BDL draft, a 6'2 receiver who runs 4.36, can get up and grab anything thrown at him is very interesting. His route running is very much a work in progress and I don't think he'll ever be a guy who will get huge YAC, but he has high-end upside.

7.6 - Malik Washington - WR - Virginia

Malik is more of a case of I really liked the tape and the guy so I'm going to take him no matter what. Of course the translability of his game in the NFL at 5'8 is going to be a worry but he's got very decent arm length and wingspan, good speed and crazy jumping ability. He's probably the prospect I ever scouted who reminded me the most of my favourite WR ever in Steve Smith Sr. Had to get the guy no matter what

• Like 7