Off Season moves

OzPackfan

20 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Tbh i dont perceive bakhs career to be that prolific. Elite for a few years but not in the same conversation as joe thomas..

yes, Joe Thomas has had a better career

Bakh lost probably 2 All-Pro seasons to this injury and potentially a SB

brutal

which is why I think he's still really hungry. It's within reach for him if he can make it back.

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Bak's HOF chances evaporated along with his playing time after the injury.  I think he would have had a good shot if not for the injury.

didn't evaporate, but definitely took a huge hit

If he gets an All-Pro and SB ring in 2024 with GB he's in I bet. 6x All-Pro and 1x SB winner gets in.

25 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

didn't evaporate, but definitely took a huge hit

If he gets an All-Pro and SB ring in 2024 with GB he's in I bet. 6x All-Pro and 1x SB winner gets in.

Let's just set the early bar at getting in.....a game

Edit- he cleared that hurdle this year and 2021.  Let's set the bar at.....2 games

Edited by Kampfgeist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Gonna keep receipts from those who thought Bakh should be cut in January 2024 without knowing absolutely anything about his latest health updates.

I'm with you. Not ready to give up on someone who's been itching to come back and we have absolutely no idea how things have gone since his last surgery. This off-season will be big for him as you'd like to believe he'll have to show the team he's turned the corner for the better

• Like 1

I brought this up before, but Bakh has publicly stated he has a good relationship with Gute, and that he is having or at this point had the additional three surgeries that should actually fix the knee. 

Now I'm not saying that means he's a lock to be a Packer again next year, but in the first Chicago game he looked really good still. If he is healthy finally I do believe there will at least be a conversation about him remaining with the G and G.

I would love for him to come back from this and have a strong run for the rest of his career. I think Love would be a fan of it too.

• Like 2

Regarding Bakh and the Hall of Fame....

PFR (Pro Football Reference) has a Hall of Fame Monitor section for players like him.

The needed score is 95.5 for the HOF per their stats.

Bakh is at 49.13.

These lost years hurt him a lot.

If you want to check it out, here is his page.  The HOF Monitor stuff is a ways down the page.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BakhDa00.htm

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Toddfather said:

I brought this up before, but Bakh has publicly stated he has a good relationship with Gute, and that he is having or at this point had the additional three surgeries that should actually fix the knee. 

Now I'm not saying that means he's a lock to be a Packer again next year, but in the first Chicago game he looked really good still. If he is healthy finally I do believe there will at least be a conversation about him remaining with the G and G.

I would love for him to come back from this and have a strong run for the rest of his career. I think Love would be a fan of it too.

I have no doubt they will talk, but it will come down to money.  IIRC, I think he gets $20 mill regardless and another $20 mill if he plays in 2024? That isn't happening.  If they can rework it to acceptable numbers I think the Packers would entertain it.  They aren't giving up $40 mill for a question mark.  The Packers are already out $20 mill on him.  How much more will they go is the question.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Regarding Bakh and the Hall of Fame....

PFR (Pro Football Reference) has a Hall of Fame Monitor section for players like him.

The needed score is 95.5 for the HOF per their stats.

Bakh is at 49.13.

These lost years hurt him a lot.

If you want to check it out, here is his page.  The HOF Monitor stuff is a ways down the page.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BakhDa00.htm

Wish you could simulate in an 2 more all pro years with a sb to see where that put him 

52 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Wish you could simulate in an 2 more all pro years with a sb to see where that put him 

Me too.  I wish I could tell how much an All Pro year and/or a Pro Bowl year is worth.  I thought I tried finding that once in their definitions, and then gave up.

20 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Me too.  I wish I could tell how much an All Pro year and/or a Pro Bowl year is worth.  I thought I tried finding that once in their definitions, and then gave up.

Id guess he is 2 superbowls or 3 all pro seasons away 

2 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

you can:

it'd add 2*2.5 + 2 = 7 more points = 56.13 + 0.5*AV from those two seasons (about 10-15 pts) = 66.13-71.13

not getting an all-decade team hurts him. those are worth 25 points

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/about/hof_monitor.htm

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 2

Some of you need to realize - you are in or even well past your 40's now.      No matter how much you want it you are still not getting that choo-choo for Christmas.     

I hate to have to put on the big-boy pants, but it's time to let some dreams go

3 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

I have no doubt they will talk, but it will come down to money.  IIRC, I think he gets $20 mill regardless and another $20 mill if he plays in 2024? That isn't happening.  If they can rework it to acceptable numbers I think the Packers would entertain it.  They aren't giving up $40 mill for a question mark.  The Packers are already out $20 mill on him.  How much more will they go is the question.

He is only due 21.5m in 2024. The remaining 19m of his cap charge is from guaranteed money already paid.

As others have said, if he is willing to play for between 2-6m with a bunch of NLTBE bonuses then I think the Packers restructure the contract and keep him as even with 1 knee he is more serviceable than Walker (based on the 1 game he played this year).

It’s all going to come down to how his knee feels after the last lot of surgeries and the only people that know that are him and the Packers.

I've had my fill of Bak .. great player in his day, but it's time to move on.  Just not reliable at all the past few seasons, and coming off another major surgery.  No thanks .. not going there again.  It's a young team that is draft heavy, so the resources are there to get a top LT on a rookie contract if they so choose, or they can roll with Walker who seems to be showing steady improvement.