2023 Wild Card Round: NFC 7) Green Bay Packers @ 2) Dallas Cowboys

Who wins?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Green Bay Packers
    • Dallas Cowboys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/14/2024 at 09:30 PM

2 hours ago, StatKing said:

I've watched every snap of his career. He looks nothing like the player he did 2 months ago. Not even the biggest Packers homers thought he would play this well.

Two months ago, he had started poorly but had just started his turnaround. Pretty much since the Rams game at the start of November he has been on an absolute tear, going 253-of-366 (69.1%) for 2,939 yards (8.02 YPA), and 24 TDs to only 3 picks (two of which were in quick succession desperately chasing the Steelers) and a 111.48 passer rating.

Extrapolate that 11 game stretch to a 17 game season, and you'd be looking at 4,542 yards and 37 TDs to 4-5 picks. That's MVP calibre.

Most of us GB fans figured a loss was most likely yesterday, but that we had a fighting chance - and the single biggest reason for that is because having watched him over the 10 games previous, yeah we absolutely knew he could play this well.

7 minutes ago, Towerbridge said:

Would you say Love has more weapons than Stroud? Love does have Jones as his runningback

No.  I'd say they were similar going into the season.

GB had "known" guys like Jones and to a little lesser extent Watson.  But Jones and Watson were hurt for long periods of time this season.

Texans had Woods and Schultz as known guys.  I don't feel like anyone would classify Woods as a weapon.  But Schultz was and is a weapon at TE.

Then you had the unknown guys.  Doubs.  Reed.  Wicks.  Musgrave.  Kraft.  Collins.  Brown.  Dell.

Collins is a legit weapon now.  And I feel like Dell is too (I really liked him in the draft.)  Brown is also quite good.

But GB had all those guys step on from their WR and TE room.  All of them and then some.

Like they were probably similar going into the season, but GB probably has more now.  Though I feel like Nico is the best of the bunch, for now.  At least he's done the most.  

• Like 1

Yeah I think @vegas492 is pretty correct there. If you were to start a team with just two of all the pass catchers of either team, I reckon you go Collins and then a tough call between Reed or Dell (though Dell proved more this year, no doubt - if we are judging on overall 2023 production then easily Dell). But when you start digging further and further down the depth chart in GB, so long as some of them haven't flattered to deceive, then it is kind of nuts.

Watson, Doubs, Reed and Wicks were looking like a hell of a young combo for the next few years with Malik Heath as surely one of the best WR5's around despite being a UDFA (he's not a superstar but could be a solid 40 catch kind of guy and is a great blocker)... and then Bo Melton just pops up out of nowhere and completely upsets the applecart. Then at TE Musgrave took a bit but you could see it coming together, while Kraft was absolute *** for the first half of the year. There were some concerns on Musgrave's toughness but he has proved a very willing blocker and then finished out a game with a lacerated kidney while coughing up blood. Anyway, Musgrave misses about a month and in an instant, Kraft becomes one of the best TE's in the league over that span (I am not saying he is one of the best overall - just his performance in that month). Now we don't even know who our TE1 is.

I don't see us beating SF at all and reckon they will brutalise our defense, but I am really excited to see how we do against that monster defense of theirs now. If they keep developing on all their rookie deals, as an overall group they might well surpass the 2011 group. Still a lot of time and work to go before claiming they WILL, but I am saying they CAN.

With the right additions HOU could compete though, Dell and Collins are a ridiculous combo to build off of before even thinking of the guy throwing to them.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Towerbridge said:

Would you say Love has more weapons than Stroud? Love does have Jones as his runningback

I like Love's weapons more now, but I probably would have had them in the same bucket or so before the season 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Anyone who watched him never questioned the talent. They questioned the other stuff. He still has a lot to prove, but he is clearly on a very good track.

But ya as with every team the Packers entire team was struggling. Now that they are hitting their stride suddenly the coaching looks good, the weapons look good, the defense looks competent, and the QB looks good. Crazy how that works.

GB hasnt played many games with Jones and Watson both playing.   Those 2 add a lot to the offense.  Add in the young WR/TE/OL figuring things out, and the offense is starting to click.

6 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ya he needs to do it for longer. QBs have gone on heaters before. I don't think this is a mirage, but he needs to come in looking like this next year and he will cement himself. That is all. 

Or he can just beat the Niners and I'll crown him screw it.

Stacking success as other teams have tape and time to see what love has struggles with.  

20 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Whenever you throw 2 INTs one of which goes for a TD and the other in your own redzone you should definitely get blame for the loss. Ryan strikes me as someone who box score watched instead of actually watching that game. 

• Like 1