Packers 2024 Opponents

Brat&Beer

I think we can get to 12-5.  I probably wouldn't bet 13-4 or higher, but 12-5 I think is doable.

Lions are still no doubt our toughest divisional opponent, but I feel like Minny is heading in the wrong direction and the Justin Fields experiment, like others before it may be just about to run its course in Chicago.

I also don't feel like our road schedule is super tough.  I'd probably rank toughest road games as

1. at Eagles

2. at Seahawks

3. at Jags

4. At Rams

5. At Titans - Now I'll say this we've never won in Nashville, so there's something to keep an eye on.  But I really don't buy into Brian Callahan as a HC, no more Derrick Henry there ... Titans are in full rebuild, and if there was ever a time for us to win here, it's this year.

As far as toughest home games

1. 49ers obviously, but we've actually done ok against them in the regular season as of late.  It's the playoffs that have been the problem.

2. Houston Texans: Hot new team looking to build on last year, going to be a test for our new defensive look

3. Saints: we always gotta bring our best stuff to beat these guys

4. Colts: only on this list because for whatever reason we been a bit snakebit by these guys as of late, but I feel like16 years since last beating them is long enough and there really should be no excuse for us to lose to them this year.

We just gotta start better this next year, no more of these ridiculous 3-6 starts, give me a 5-1 start and we got this baby.

On 2/2/2024 at 3:24 PM, Mazrimiv said:

I think the 2024 year's schedule works out well for GB's development timeline.  No doubt GB benefited from a softer scheduler in 2023, but the days of needing that kind of help are behind them.  By the end of next season, the narrative of GB needing help from the schedule will be as dead as the narrative of MLF being carried by Rodgers.

I think the 2024 schedule is tough, but nothing that makes me say "we're screwed"

Say we sweep Chi/Min and split with Det, that's 5-1. 

AFCS - TN is a mess. Hou looks like they might be very good for awhile. Indy and Jax are solid but not unbeatable (which their fanbases would rightly be saying about GB). 2-2

NFCW - SF is a buzzsaw. Ari has shown in can beat anyone but usually is lower tier. LAR might be back. Seattle has an intriguing new HC and a decent roster. I'll be pessimistic and say 1-3

Phi was in free fall. W

NO is mediocre. W

Miami can embarrass bad teams but wilts when it faces a good team. W

That's 11-6. Should be doable unless Hafley is a complete disaster

Granted, these are projections based on how teams look right now. The draft and FA haven't even happened yet and there is a lot of time for things to change between now and kickoff. And if, say, Miami takes a step forward, one of the OK AFCS teams makes a leap, and Phi rights the ship, GB could easily have one of those "better team, same record" seasons

Edited by Mr Bad Example
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 8:54 PM, incognito_man said:

I'm up to go party in Brazil if we play there

I am going to be pretty upset if GB goes to Brazil week 1. Not because I don't want them to play, but because I likely can't go that week and I've made it a priority to go to every Packer international game. 

• Like 1

I can remember a season quite a few years back now, where the Packers were said to have one of the toughest schedules before the season started............and at the end of that season they were ranked as having had one of the easiest schedules..........   That's the NFL for you, things change year on year.

31 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I can remember a season quite a few years back now, where the Packers were said to have one of the toughest schedules before the season started............and at the end of that season they were ranked as having had one of the easiest schedules..........   That's the NFL for you, things change year on year.

Yep.  Getting worked up about how tough the schedule will be next year is a total waste of time.  Regardless, GB is beyond the stage where they need to worry about catching breaks with the schedule.  Next season is about becoming a team that other teams worry about playing.

• Like 2

Miami is going to take a big step backwards next year. Look at their cap situation, shortage of draft capital and free agents they won't be able to re-sign and it's going to be a much worse team in 2024. 

Chalk that one up in the W column. 

On 2/16/2024 at 12:50 PM, Mazrimiv said:

Based on 2023 records, GB has the toughest 2024 schedule in the NFC.

The Packers' 2024 schedule will be the toughest in the NFC

If you consider the Packers and Lions as equals, then Packers and Lions have basically the same schedule. The reason the Packers schedule rates tougher is because games against the Lions count as 24-10 on the Packers schedule, and games against the Packers count as 18-16 on the Lions schedule