NFC Wild Card: 6. Los Angeles Rams (10-7) @ Detroit Lions (12-5) Sunday Night Football

Louis Friend

Rams @ Lions   

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets revenge?

4 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

100% deserve it. Just meant they were driving all game and couldn’t finish is all.

Agree with that. Gotta credit Detroit's defense for standing up in the red zone.

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Fantastic game, two evenly matched teams, came down to the margins, Campbell was aggressive early, McVay was conservative, that was the difference.

I think the bigger difference was red zone. McVay got too cute, and Stafford missed that TD to Kupp early in the game. But can't fault Stafford for this one. He missed a few, but he also saved our arses multiple times on plays most NFL QBs couldn't make.

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

I think Stafford can get two more years of this level out of himself if you keep him upright tbh

I think this is a year where there will be some good QBs available in the late Day 1 to Day 2 range (McCarthy, Penix, Nix, Rattler, etc.). We'd be smart to take advantage. I agree Matt isn't cooked. But he's prone to injuries and doesn't have a lot of football left. Two years sounds about right. Time for McVay try and get the heir apparent.

• Like 1

Well i'm sad by this win, the refs forgot to call some fouls but overall we lost points in the redzone that cost us the game. Williams gets injured at the end of the quarter had some impact too. 

But hey, i'm happy for Lions fanbase, they were waiting for this win since a longtime.

Awesome to see Lions fans get a playoff win. 

I hope TB pulls off upset tomorrow*** and we can have 3 heroes in the NFC bracket.

Rams are still a dope team too. It's gonna be exciting with those weapons going forward as long as they can get that kind of QBing.

Edited by Soggust

Just now, stl4life07 said:

Are you mad at Morris? For what? He made adjustments and held the Lions to 3pts in the 2nd half on a long FG attempt where the kicker only mad 43% of the time. Ill take that any day. 

The Rams lost this game in the redzone. Cant settle for 3 FGs. If the Rams even got one TD in the redzone they win the game. And even still they had a chance to possibly win if the refs didnt call the hold or called the DPI. 

They also lost because they couldn't get stops early. They wasted an entire half giving up points. In case you forgot, the Lions led wire to wire.

That's on Morris.

1 minute ago, ReadyToThump said:

I call a spade a spade. And have no bad blood towards Detroit. But when it comes to horrible officiating and posters blindly defending it on an internet forum, I tend to speak out.

It was as you said horrible officiating. It wasn't all one sided but people on both sides notice more when they are cheering for or against a team and a call goes for or against that team. 

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Are you mad at Morris? For what? He made adjustments and held the Lions to 3pts in the 2nd half on a long FG attempt where the kicker only mad 43% of the time. Ill take that any day. 

The Rams lost this game in the redzone. Cant settle for 3 FGs. If the Rams even got one TD in the redzone they win the game. And even still they had a chance to possibly win if the refs didnt call the hold or called the DPI. 

Raheem's game plan in the first half was atrocious. But he adjusted and came through in the second. 

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The Rams didn't get screwed. Missed calls throughout the game. The refs being generally bad and the Rams getting the most recent short end of the stick doesn't mean they got screwed.

Agreed. Refs sucked for both sides. The story should be refs sucked, not Rams got screwed.

• Like 2