AFC Wildcard Round: #7 Pittsburgh @ #2 Buffalo

Trentwannabe

Who Wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this AFC Battle

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

You can say it lacked irrefutable evidence to overturn but it honestly had no business not being ruled a turnover on the field. Standard procedure is err on the side of a turnover to trigger an automatic review

It's a joke that we're out of challenges now because they just didn't even try to call them right.

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

So if my toe accidentally touches the ball I get saved from my incompetence? There are enough rules that exist to benefit the offense as is. It feels like an anti-common sense rule to combat an out of bounds guy from knocking the ball/keeping it in bounds.

Yes

• Like 2

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

That's not what they were looking at...

Ball was inbounds. Spector recovered it in bounds. Steelers was never touching it while he was out of bounds. So why wasnt it oveturned... makes no sense

Just now, StatKing said:

Just turning the game on. Has it been as bad as the score indicates?

There's been 4 plays all game where the Steelers have looked like a living football team.

They were the last plays of the quarter so the forum is freaking out a little but this is over.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

So if my toe accidentally touches the ball I get saved from my incompetence? There are enough rules that exist to benefit the offense as is. It feels like an anti-common sense rule to combat an out of bounds guy from knocking the ball/keeping it in bounds.

Wouldn't really say it's a pro-offense rule, as much as just a logical procedural thing. An out of bounds player shouldn't be able to impact the ball. That's why the rule is there. What if it had been an out of bounds player batting the ball towards their teammate? Should a player standing out of bounds be able to swat a pass in bounds to his teammate?

Touch the ball while out of bounds, dead ball. Pretty simple, pretty logical.

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

Did it hit the helmet 100%? 

Angles I saw looked like it totally missed but i’m in and out of the room

They said stands, which would suggest no, not 100%, but they could not say it 100% didn't either. If they confirmed it hit, they would have confirmed the call, not let it stand.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kmart128 said:

Ball was inbounds. Spector recovered it in bounds. Steelers was never touching it while he was out of bounds. So why wasnt it oveturned... makes no sense

But they did deem it was touched by Freirmuth's helmet. Your third sentence shows you're being disengenous pretending that that isn't what they were looking at.

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

It's a joke that we're out of challenges now because they just didn't even try to call them right.

I'm not one of those "nfl is rigged" conspiracy theorists, but these calls don't seem impartial right now.