AFC Wildcard Round: #7 Pittsburgh @ #2 Buffalo

Trentwannabe

Who Wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this AFC Battle

Just now, TXsteeler said:

Tbf, If Tomlin had prime Rodgers we aren’t going winless in the postseason for 7 straight years.

Touche. Also AR being there was a large factor in moving on from MM too though. 

1 minute ago, Dan33185 said:

Well, let's look at Wikipedia:

Most franchises would kill for that. Your team isn't going to win the SB every year, they aren't going to get to the AFCCG every year. They have a chance every year, literally, and that's all you can ask out of any franchise.

This is ignoring alot of facts and problems this team has had under him.

Tomlin isnt a bad coach....but he is EXTREMELY flawed and has held us back on numerous occasions....to the point where many question how much longer it should be tolerated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VigilantZombie said:

Yep. I get it. But you're still not listening. 7 seasons without even a single playoff win. Struggling to even get to .500.  Context matters. People act like Tomlins teams over the last 7-10 years could be genuinely described as dominant. And this current team might be his worst yet.

Not a whole 7 years! You realize how foolish that sounds?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

How many of those wins are with Bills players though. Can you check that for me. How many wins without big Benny. 

No idea, but you could say the same about any coach. What coach has ever won without talented players, especially at the QB position? Couldn't you say the same thing about Cowher? Where would he be without such and such player? Where would Andy Reid be without McNabb, Mahomes, etc. That's just the way it is in sports, better players make for better coaches.

Edited by Dan33185
  • Like 1

Just now, Dan33185 said:

Not a whole 7 years! You realize how foolish that sounds?

To some, it probably does but I bet the ones that it sounds foolish to have a history of having dumpster fire organizations, bad FOs, bad coaches, etc.

It's something that sets a few teams, like Pittsburgh apart from the rest of the NFL. We aren't just recycling HCs every two years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 43M said:

Tomlin isnt a bad coach....but he is EXTREMELY flawed and has held us back on numerous occasions....to the point where many question how much longer it should be tolerated.

Every great coach is flawed. You are just asking for a mystery box.

Changing the coach when the obvious problem is a QB makes no sense. But as a rival fan, please go for it.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Dan33185 said:

No idea, but you could say the same about any coach. What coach has ever won without talented players, especially at the QB position?

Not finding a QB is all on the coach and gm though. Just got Bills as fired and he’s 5x the coach Tomlin will ever be. Isn’t that crazy? 

• Like 1

Just now, wackywabbit said:

Changing the coach when the obvious problem is a QB makes no sense. But as a rival fan, please go for it.

Oh I def think Pickett ain't the guy and hated that Colbert was allowed to handle that draft. It was a desperation pick. But Tomlin's Era needing to end and Pickett being a backup at best are not mutually exclusive issues.

Could we hit a rough spot with a new coach? Yes. Tomlin has been a very good coach and the Steeler fans will forever be grateful for that. But, it's time for a change in philosophy 

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

I love this take and I've been pushing it for years but the counter response is that it's Tomlin's job to produce a good QB, at some point and you don't get two chances at a rebuild, even if you're Bill Belichick.

I don't know that I agree, but it's a consistent response imo.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dan33185 said:

No idea, but you could say the same about any coach. What coach has ever won without talented players, especially at the QB position? Couldn't you say the same thing about Cowher? Where would he be without such and such player? Where would Andy Reid be without McNabb, Mahomes, etc. That's just the way it is in sports, better players make for better coaches.

He drafted Mahomes. He drafted Mcnabb. Bad comparison big dawg. Tomlin signed hmmm Mitch and drafted one of the worst first round QBs I’ve ever seen. He’ rivals that guy MN took a few years back. 

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

Not finding a QB is all on the coach and gm though. Just got Bills as fired and he’s 5x the coach Tomlin will ever be. Isn’t that crazy? 

Let's be real, can anyone sit here and say Colbert didn't draft Pickett for any other reason than he had mishandled the QB position so poorly in previous seasons that he was desperate?

• Like 3