AFC Wildcard Round: #7 Pittsburgh @ #2 Buffalo

Trentwannabe

Who Wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this AFC Battle

Just now, wackywabbit said:

Every great coach is flawed. You are just asking for a mystery box.

Changing the coach when the obvious problem is a QB makes no sense. But as a rival fan, please go for it.

Yeah...just conveniently ignore the ongoing issues this team had even when we DID have a franchise QB.

Im not even saying Tomlin should be fired.   I just find it comical how often the media and his gatekeepers come to his defense every time he is criticized, with the best argument being "Never had a losing season".

• Like 1

Just now, VigilantZombie said:

You said "especially QB". So, again. Trent Dilfer says hello. 

One. And the reason he is the one that always come up is because he's such an outlier. I'll clarify my statement: 

What coach has ever won without talented players, especially at the QB position (except Dilfer)?

1 minute ago, 43M said:

Yeah...just conveniently ignore the ongoing issues this team had even when we DID have a franchise QB.

Im not even saying Tomlin should be fired.   I just find it comical how often the media and his gatekeepers come to his defense every time he is criticized, with the best argument being "Never had a losing season".

Is the Steelers situation not comparable to the pats? Great QB play for most if not all of tomlins career. Failed to draft to an heir apparent? They could have drafted some nice guys. I know it’s not the Steelers way! But they could have been aggressive in trading up for a QB.. They had a pretty big window! 18 years baby. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dan33185 said:

One. And the reason he is the one that always come up is because he's such an outlier. I'll clarify my statement: 

What coach has ever won without talented players, especially at the QB position (except Dilfer)?

Kyle Shanahan. Jimmy g is a trash can

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan33185 said:

I mean i'm sure if we dug enough we could probably find one.

I'm not trying to make your statement irrelevant. But then again I don't think you're listening. I am not saying that tomlin wasn't a good coach. But if you think that the lack of playoff wins in an organization where that is a standard doesn't matter. I think you're being wilfully naive. With all due respect to the majority of the organizations around the league, A lot of them seem very content even if their fans are not with being mediocre as hell every season. Yes, the Pittsburgh fans are spoiled. They have had it great over the years. So the fact that we don't have it. It's great you know what that is life. But the reality is that Pittsburgh has always had a standard. It may not have always lived up to that standard, but the standard has always existed.

Myself and many steelers fans will always be grateful for mike tomlin and his success here. But regardless if he goes to another team and succeeds or not, it is time like Chuck Noll and Bill Cowher to move on to the next chapter for this organization. In my opinion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Soggust said:

I love this take and I've been pushing it for years but the counter response is that it's Tomlin's job to produce a good QB, at some point and you don't get two chances at a rebuild, even if you're Bill Belichick.

I don't know that I agree, but it's a consistent response imo.

Tomlin is part of the front office and the team building process.

He isnt SOLEY responsible for a QB or overall roster....but he sure has a big hand in it.

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

I mean, yes. Having 17 season in a row where you are on the plus side (or not on the negative side) of an ultra competitive industry is a GREAT argument.

If you actually break down the number that is FAAAAR more impressive that a SB victory.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

I mean i'm sure if we dug enough we could probably find one.

I'm not trying to make your statement irrelevant. But then again I don't think you're listening. I am not saying that tomlin wasn't a good coach. But if you think that the lack of playoff wins in an organization where that is a standard doesn't matter. I think you're being wilfully naive. With all due respect to the majority of the organizations around the league, A lot of them seem very content even if their fans are not with being mediocre as hell every season. Yes, the Pittsburgh fans are spoiled. They have had it great over the years. So the fact that we don't have it. It's great you know what that is life. But the reality is that Pittsburgh has always had a standard. It may not have always lived up to that standard, but the standard has always existed.

Myself and many steelers fans will always be grateful for mike tomlin and his success here. But regardless if he goes to another team and succeeds or not, it is time like Chuck Noll and Bill Cowher to move on to the next chapter for this organization. In my opinion.

As a Pats fan, I get it, trust me, and I have a feeling we are heading towards a "drought" similar to that as well, but I also realize I've been spoiled and the last 20 years are not the norm for sports franchises.

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

It makes me sad when I see Dov tweets posted on here. Post actual sources lol.

But, that just feels immature from Tomlin, right? Like, you have to know that kind of question is going to come. Deal with it, man.

A question he was asked several times this week while trying to get his team ready and readily answered every time?

2 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

It makes me sad when I see Dov tweets posted on here. Post actual sources lol.

But, that just feels immature from Tomlin, right? Like, you have to know that kind of question is going to come. Deal with it, man.

To be fair he did quote the actual person who saw it. LOL

Also, it was a dumb question asked by the reporter for obvious reasons. 

I’ll have some thoughts later when I’m home and warm.

Few things though:

1. I love Josh Allen

2. the injuries in defense just keep piling up. Ended the game with CB3 and CB 4 with our 5th and 6th LBs. Yikes.

3. Pickens is so damn good. 

4. Steelers fans were loud and super cool.

5. I love Josh Allen. 

• Like 2