AFC Wildcard Round: #7 Pittsburgh @ #2 Buffalo

Trentwannabe

Who Wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this AFC Battle

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I’ll have some thoughts later when I’m home and warm.

Few things though:

1. I love Josh Allen

2. the injuries in defense just keep piling up. Ended the game with CB3 and CB 4 with our 5th and 6th LBs. Yikes.

3. Pickens is so damn good. 

4. Steelers fans were loud and super cool.

5. I love Josh Allen. 

stay safe

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

A question he was asked several times this week while trying to get his team ready and readily answered every time?

So why make a show of it now? It's your job, you know it's coming. Hell, even just say you're not going to talk about that right now.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

I think the Steelers and Mike Tomlin could both benefit from a mutual parting of ways. It's been long enough, time to try something new 

I've got kind of mixed feelings on that.  On the one hand, it has been such a long time.  But at the same time, a big part of that Steelers identity and carrying things forward with that culture even without a proper replacement for Ben, has been the stability that Tomlin provides.  Just steady as a rock and he's never "lost the team" even while trotting out garbage at QB and even in spite of completely inept Offensive Coordinators, etc.

It's a big leap to part ways with him and start over with someone new.  You're walking a tightrope without a safety net at that point.  It might improve things, but more likely...you just whiff on the new guy (like most coaching hires end up) and plummet into the sort of depths that other teams spend a decade+ trying to climb out of.  That's something the Steelers under Tomlin have avoided.  They haven't really sunk that low, even post Big Ben.

Especially since, due to their draft position, finding a real, viable QB solution is going to be really darn difficult.  So you're going to be parachuting a "new guy" into a situation where, Tomlin is pretty much getting the absolute most out of what's there...And expecting a new guy to somehow get more.  It's a setup for failure, unless you manage to find them a real quarterback under the couch cushions or something.

From Tomlin's end though...i could definitely see some appeal in giving it a try somewhere else.  Somewhere that has a QB, or the opportunity to get a QB.  And really, if there's a whole plug 'n play offensive setup overall in place, i think he could make a real difference.  But at the same time, the Steelers organization has been so supportive of him and given him a lot of influence that isn't gonna be guaranteed elsewhere.  It's risky from his end too.  He could very easily end up somewhere that he walks into a lot more building and culture overhaul than he can tackle in year 1.

At some point, i guess things do get "stale".  But it's a pretty huge decision from both ends, to blow up that kind of stability and continuity just to "make a change".

2 hours ago, Dan33185 said:

As a Pats fan, I get it, trust me, and I have a feeling we are heading towards a "drought" similar to that as well, but I also realize I've been spoiled and the last 20 years are not the norm for sports franchises.

I mean the difference is before Tom Brady, NE had like 3 fans.

4 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Why did he tackle Diggs lol.

lmao.  Classic Myles Jack.  Late to the play, trying to make a tackle from behind while chasing...and gets the wrong guy anyway.  😆

Dude is a HoF caliber pile-on, drag down once the play has gone by him, stat padding, emphatically looking like he's doing something after having let the entire play go by him sort of tackler.  I swear, every single tackle in his career looks something like this.  Always from behind chasing down a play that went by him...never proactively downhill.  It's kind of hilarious.

• Like 1