Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

46 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

I can get on board with some misses from distance no problem there as a rook. What concerns me is the XP misses and his wimpy leg on KO. He can't seem to get it through the EZ and for a soccer player 24 he should have the leg he is not going to be adding leg. Remove the option of returns on KO with a strong legged kicker. I swear my a$$ puckers up every time i see that returned start coming down field if we can stop them by the 35 we're doing well. But they will break one.  

Teams are averaging 23.8 yards a return against the Packers. 

The insane part of your post is thinking the kicker can't kick it out of the endzone if he is instructed to do so. Rich Bisaccia has been doing this for 2 seasons now and some people still can't figure out it is by design. He stated at a press conference late in the season last year that for the most part he wants to have every kick returned against the Packers. 

As for your butt cheek issues, that would be a you problem.  

23 minutes ago, R T said:

The insane part of your post is thinking the kicker can't kick it out of the endzone if he is instructed to do so. Rich Bisaccia has been doing this for 2 seasons now and some people still can't figure out it is by design. He stated at a press conference late in the season last year that for the most part he wants to have every kick returned against the Packers. 

He's currently managing the 31st ranked unit per DVOA. Maybe it's time for Rich to go full George Constanza and do the opposite...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He's currently managing the 31st ranked unit per DVOA. Maybe it's time for Rich to go full George Constanza and do the opposite...

Don't care what Bisaccia does, just calling BS on someone trying to pimp the false narrative that Carlson has a weak leg.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

it's very likely to draw a holding call on a return.  Even if they reach the 35, it will bringthem back to the spot of the foul and usually pin them around the 10 or so

How many times has that happened? I don't remember too many. I'd be curious to know what the average field position was on returned kicks by our opponent. My gut tells me it better than the 25. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, R T said:

Don't care what Bisaccia does, just calling BS on someone trying to pimp the false narrative that Carlson has a weak leg.  

Against Turbin this week, he should be trying to kick it through the uprights every kickoff. There's no logical reason to allow him to return a single kickoff. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Against Turbin this week, he should be trying to kick it through the uprights every kickoff. There's no logical reason to allow him to return a single kickoff. 

Ok GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 hour ago, R T said:

Ok so your saying Rich is suggesting to kick it short just 2 yards into the EZ every kick. So let me get this straight you think that a team that struggles with injuries is trying to bait a team into running it back on every kick. So we can what get more injuries or use our pathetic ST coverage units to try to get a penalty or stop them short. While a good unit could pull this off we can't and should not. 

I call BS on this totally show me where RB said that he wants every kick run back.  Our ST suck and if MLF is letting this go on as you claim it's another knock against him.

My cheek problem is much better than what your suffering from. 23.8 so we're saving 1.2 yards on average with all the risk what idiot signs up for more of that. Sheesh your stat proves my point. Kids leg is weak. You ever kick, you think every kicker can kick that ball 75 yards easy?

Edited by PACKRULE

52 minutes ago, R T said:

Show me it's a strong leg by showing where RB said kick it short every kick? I have no problem taking it back but it's not BS he was out kicked by that tiny little kicker from the Bears on Sunday. Karlson can't kick through the endzone without a two club wind at his back. He's got a wimpy leg.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Coach B is definitely telling Anders to kick high and short, trying to force a run back.  In the CHI game, 3 of the 4 returns by the Bears got past the 30.  The one that didn't still got to the 22.  Seems like an unnecessary risk that isn't worth whatever reward coach B is looking for.

A couple of his kicks didn't make it past the 5. I don't believe this is all strategy not for a second. With that said other units run it back against the Pack, why? Why not just fair catch it? I think the reason is everyone knows our unit sucks and we are usually guilty of the holds ourselves. For any other team it's worth it maybe for the Pack they should be kicking it through the EZ and removing the risk of failure or injury. That is until we have a real ST unit capable of such strategies.