Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Really happy for Romeo Doubs today. He's not been getting much respect around here and he deserves better. He's been nothing but solid as a WR for us. He might be a top 5-#3 WR in the NFL. 

I already apologized to him, so I am good.

Just now, Old Guy said:

Really happy for Romeo Doubs today. He's not been getting much respect around here and he deserves better. He's been nothing but solid as a WR for us. He might be a top 5-#3 WR in the NFL. 

Hasn't gotten any respect?  Might be top 5 #3?

Man is the single greatest WR to ever WR in the NFL.  Period.

• Like 1

Just now, Isherwood said:

Yeah I have to be extremely thirsty for Packers content to be able to stand Bukowski’s schtick. 

Interestingly enough, Bukowski CLEARLY learned his radio style/cadence from listening to Colin Cowherd. I don’t know if he’s ever admitted it, but he uses the same sorts of analogies (“the quarterback and head coach relationship is like dating”, etc…) and sounds a lot like him. 

Besides doing 289s and pretending not to, what annoys me about Bukowski most is every episode, EVERY EPISODE, he repeats himself, over and over. He says party of the same sentence, of the same sentence, all the time. He does it All. The. Time. The repetition gets irritating, it is irritating, IT GETS EXTREMELY IRRITATING. 

My guess is it's to fill air time between the non stop ads, THE NON STOP ADS, but I can't, I just can't take it. I cannot take it. All the repetition. All the repeating. I cannot take it. 

• Like 3

Jaire Alexander: "There’s a few quarterbacks who’ve thrown me multiple picks in my career and Dak is now one of them, so he’s among my top QBs."

He may not know the coin toss rules, but his quotes are pure gold.

3 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

Besides doing 289s and pretending not to, what annoys me about Bukowski most is every episode, EVERY EPISODE, he repeats himself, over and over. He says party of the same sentence, of the same sentence, all the time. He does it All. The. Time. The repetition gets irritating, it is irritating, IT GETS EXTREMELY IRRITATING. 

My guess is it's to fill air time between the non stop ads, THE NON STOP ADS, but I can't, I just can't take it. I cannot take it. All the repetition. All the repeating. I cannot take it. 

Oh yeah, this is clearly time filler stuff. It’s gotta be hard to do a daily show. Not excusing it at all, it annoys the crap out of me.

Similarly, I like Andy Herman, but with him doing so many shows, he doesn’t repeat himself, but instead meticulously explains every possibility of every hypothetical in detail. 

And does 289 mean what I think it means? 😂 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Isherwood said:

Oh yeah, this is clearly time filler stuff. It’s gotta be hard to do a daily show. Not excusing it at all, it annoys the crap out of me.

Similarly, I like Andy Herman, but with him doing so many shows, he doesn’t repeat himself, but instead meticulously explains every possibility of every hypothetical in detail. 

Yeah what the hell is 289

19 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Locked on Packers was so bad when I listened to it.  I unsubscribed after listening to 2 episodes a few years back.

I'm in Ireland so it's tricky to pick up on what is out there being so far away from the general US market though it was more background noise than anything since I was mental busy during covid. It quietened down since which means I have more dead time to listen closer - and it got extremely irritating extremely quickly. 

John Meerdink's more understated tone at Blue 58 is much more to my liking as is his measured approach. Clayton over at Packernet is the absolute gold standard though, the guy should be on wider media to be honest. 

I wish Transplants was more frequent but it's more like the "fun" one of the three. Behnke got very irritating for a while (I get the feeling he may have been drinking too much), but it's picked back up a lot in the last year or so. 

@Norm also! 

Edited by Billy86
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

A lot of these guys are long winded, but I enjoy Packers content and put up with it.  

• Like 1