Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

15 minutes ago, craig said:

Kinda crazy, Dallas had 90 snaps to 56 for Packers.  Dallas has more time of possession, naturally.  Almost 100 more yards (510 to 415).  Dak had 132 more yards than Love.  

Heh heh, if you'd told m before that game:

1. Dallas out-TOP us,
  2. Dak throw for >100 more yards than Love
  3. Dallas outsnap up 90 to 56
  4. Reed-Wicks-Melton-Watson would combine for 41 yards

I would never have imagined that it would be a domination game!  Crazy what an any-given Sunday, matchup league it is.  

Have to remember that GB had the INT return TD that gave DAL an "extra" possession, and also the short field after the JA pick.  The yardage numbers also looked much different at 48-16 than they did by the end of the game. 

DAL had three garbage time drives after it got to 48-16 with 10:23 remaining in Q4. Those drives went for 75 yards (YD), 91 yards (TD) and 65 yards (downs). That is 2 of Dak's 3 TD's, and well over half of his 403 yards. 

This is what the "Dak wasn't that bad" idiots don't want to acknowledge.  Box score analysis at its finest.

• Like 1

One other thought on TOP stuff:  In past I think posters have sometimes wanted a control-the-clock offense.  I like it for sure, of course, when we can run most 1st-downs and still get good gains, and still chunk out lots of 1st downs and keeping drives going.  

But the offense is SO much more chunk-play, downfield oriented.  Love does way more downfield throwing than the Packers have done in some years.  Are >20-yard plays great for TOP stuff?  Every first down obviously gives you another set, so maybe kinda yeah.  But >20-yard plays get you downfield a lot faster than with lots of short gains, so maybe kinda no?  

I don't care about TOP.  I just care about scoring when you get the ball.  And getting 1st downs by any process that works.  

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Have to remember that GB had the INT return TD that gave DAL an "extra" possession, and also the short field after the JA pick.  The yardage numbers also looked much different at 48-16 than they did by the end of the game. 

DAL had three garbage time drives after it got to 48-16 with 10:23 remaining in Q4. Those drives went for 75 yards (YD), 91 yards (TD) and 65 yards (downs). That is 2 of Dak's 3 TD's, and well over half of his 403 yards. 

This is what the "Dak wasn't that bad" idiots don't want to acknowledge.  Box score analysis at its finest.

I have a screenshot from the game cast when it was 48-16 with 6 min left.

26/41 209 yds 1 TD 2 INTI

Instead he was

41/60 403 yds 3 TD 2 INT 

Totally garbage time fooling people.

• Like 1

Snaps were already in DAL favor prior to 48-16, but really got out of whack after.  DAL had a 26-7 snap advantage in the final 10:23 of the game. 

The first "prevent" drive was actually executed pretty well by the GB defense.  Eleven plays and 4:29 of clock prior to the TD.  In that situation, it's fine.  The 2nd prevent drive was the fiasco.  Four plays, 91 yards, and one mind-numbing bonehead decision by Slayton leads to a DAL TD in under 90 seconds.  That drive (and esp the penalty) was the only time I was angry all night.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Do we have any sense about if this is situational or scripted?

I looked at it last week, via PFF.  I looked at overall grades, snap counts and whether they were run or pass snaps.

I found nothing to tell me it was situational.

Course, I can be and have been wrong before, but nothing really stood out at all.

25 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Point differential was only 16 points. This predicts a strong next season for americas team

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Conditions in Kansas City and Buffalo have me wondering: Were the Packers secretly glad the game was in Jerry's dome rather than the Lambeau icebox?  

I am sure there are more than a handful of players who prefer the road in january. 

1 minute ago, HokieHigh said:

I am sure there are more than a handful of players who prefer the road in january. 

I'm not so sure our team isn't better cut out to be on a faster surface anyway.  It's not like GB is a great home field advantage when the players can't utilize their speed.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

I remember thinking it was a real decision, but a 59 yarder isn’t a chip shot and giving the ball back to our offense close to midfield would also not have been wise. Turns out it was worth the shot but even that might not have made the difference. 

I'll have to check on this but I'm fairly certain 59 yard field goals are worth 17pts.

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Tell me you are posting in your mom's basement while in your jammies without telling me you are posting in your mom's basement in your jammies.

I love how these stupid, baseless comments are the norm for this sub. You’re genuinely a stupid person and your opinion means little to me. Sorry that your sub got upset and took the past week’s dialogue very seriously, and then used their team’s performance as a launch pad for further classless personal attacks even though it had little to nothing to do with the past week’s conversation that you obviously were so very salty about. I mean, you’re the one seeking me out here.. your post couldn’t be more ironic. Wouldn’t have even had to hear from me if not for the quotes and tagging. But then I respond and your responses consist of “lololol lmaoo get out of ur moms basement!!”.