2024 Offseason Free Agency

swede700

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s not about the time it takes, it’s about the characters used. 

When you’re on an app that limits the amount of characters that you can use, shortening words is what’s done to still convey a thought. 

I agree...but then he should have just posted "cuz", since that's a far more common shortening than becuz. 

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

why do people online take the time to type out "becuz" or "wanna" but not take the same amount of time to just spell the words correctly?

we are dumbing our society down, through lack of concern for standards. (says the guy with a written history of not capitalizing words....)

call me a cranky old man all you want, but defend the contrary to my position when you use lowered standards to apply for a job you want, either in writing or orally.

I certainly agree.  Language is essential to human development and cooperation. It should be treated with care.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s not about the time it takes, it’s about the characters used. 

When you’re on an app that limits the amount of characters that you can use, shortening words is what’s done to still convey a thought. 

really? that's really their motivation? you sure it's not laziness?

i mean... typing "wanna" instead of "want to" costs them appreciably less in the long run?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

really? that's really their motivation? you sure it's not laziness?

i mean... typing "wanna" instead of "want to" costs them appreciably less in the long run?

I felt the same way about the Spice Girls. "If you wannabe my lover, you gotta get with my friends." It made me really, really, really want to zig a zig ah. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

I felt the same way about the Spice Girls. "If you wannabe my lover, you gotta get with my friends." It made me really, really, really want to zig a zig ah. 

you're just blowin' in the wind...

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Okay so it looks like we will lose the 3rd round comp pick unless someone signs Dalton Risner in time.

On time and for enough $$.  

I would also watch the possibility of the Vikings cutting a player before week 10 for a third-round pick if their season is not going well. At that point, the guaranteed money given to Darnold or Griffin would be a sunk cost and shouldn't influence a decision of whether the team would be better off with that player for the last seven games or a third-round compensatory pick.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

On time and for enough $$.  

I would also watch the possibility of the Vikings cutting a player before week 10 for a third-round pick if their season is not going well. At that point, the guaranteed money given to Darnold or Griffin would be a sunk cost and shouldn't influence a decision of whether the team would be better off with that player for the last seven games or a third-round compensatory pick.

Those two are the most likely. If Griffin can't win a starting job over Blackmon/Evans/Booth he probably should be cut before the season starts.

Well that knocks that signing down a little bit...

Risner needs to sign for north of $3M by 4/29 to qualify as a lost CFA.

I wonder if KAM will look to reverse Sam Bradford this situation and look to cut Griffin before the cut-off.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Well that knocks that signing down a little bit...

Risner needs to sign for north of $3M by 4/29 to qualify as a lost CFA.

I wonder if KAM will look to reverse Sam Bradford this situation and look to cut Griffin before the cut-off.

Well now it depends on the Joseph signing. We might be okay. 

Hopefully someone will sign Risner soon.

17 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Well now it depends on the Joseph signing. We might be okay. 

Hopefully someone will sign Risner soon.

I get the impression that Risner isn't going to sign anything that doesn't pay him enough to qualify.

Unfortunately, that has a good chance of leading to him not signing until it is too late to qualify as a compensatory free agent.

4 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I get the impression that Risner isn't going to sign anything that doesn't pay him enough to qualify.

Unfortunately, that has a good chance of leading to him not signing until it is too late to qualify as a compensatory free agent.

Eventually though, he'll have to take what he can get if he wants to play. 

17 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Eventually though, he'll have to take what he can get if he wants to play. 

Correct.  How long did he wait for that last year? He waited into September iirc. He'll could wait for an opportunity again this year or only sign for backup money when the season starts.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Correct.  How long did he wait for that last year? He waited into September iirc. He'll could wait for an opportunity again this year or only sign for backup money when the season starts.

Signing a depth CB to potentially lose a 3rd round pick seems like a really bad move by KAM. 

I'd rather have signed Tre White to see if he has anything left in the tank. Since he was cut, he wouldn't count in the formula.

• Like 1