2024 Offseason Free Agency

swede700

19 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Overall PFF Grade of 57.1.

Camp body with end of roster potential?

he was a starter, at least:

Jacobs signed with the Lions after going undrafted in 2021 and started 29 of the 40 games he played for the team. He made 12 of those starts last season, but went on injured reserve before the team’s playoff run.

The Lions did not tender Jacobs as a restricted free agent despite his prominent role and his 55 tackles, three interceptions and eight passes defensed last season.

Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reports that Jacobs has lined up visits with the Falcons and Vikings in the coming days. He visited with the Jaguars late last month as well.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/cb-jerry-jacobs-to-visit-falcons-vikings

2 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

So these IDL are probably the realistic players fighting for 5 spots. Who's your 5 right now?

Harrison Phillips

Jaquelin Roy

Jerry Tillery

Levi Drake Rodriguez

Jonathan Bullard

Jonah Williams

James Lynch

Jihad Ward

Phillips, Roy, Bullard, Ward ... probably Tillery with LDR on the practice squad. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Phillips, Roy, Bullard, Ward ... probably Tillery with LDR on the practice squad. 

so, I think Phillips and Roy are locks.

And then next, I think you can pencil Tillery in because of these reasons:

Out of all those guys, his guarantee is the highest.

He was signed in first couple of days into free agency; he clearly was a priority for them.

Out of those guys competing for a spot? He offers the highest pass rushing upside.

and then I think Bullard and Jonah Williams, both are more known run stoppers than pass rushers, might be fighting for that 1 base end run stopping role.

We'll have to see how Lynch looks, he tore his ACL in august of last year. So it hasn't even been a year yet for him.

I'll toss out right now

Phillips/Roy/Tillery/Williams/LDR

and then Either Bullard or Lynch making the PS for one of the veteran spots.

• Like 1