2024 Offseason Free Agency

swede700

I have no interest in OBJ. As another poster said, he's getting by on his name and first few years in the league. Powell played as well, or better, than KJ last season. I think he will do just fine as WR3. Hockenson and OLIVER!!!!!!!! can round out the passing game. We'll also have improved receiving production from the RB spot. WR3 is far down the list of my concerns. IOL and DL are my two biggest areas of concern. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, viking said:

I think the word on the street is that the Vikes will kick the tires on Tyler Boyd to be our WR3.

Only 29 years old and would slot in perfectly behind Jefferson and Addison

Yeah I’d take Tyler Boyd over Brandon Powell, Trent Sherfield and Jalen Nailor any day. Brandon Powell did play well but I don’t know if he’s good enough to be a full-time 3rd option. A slot receiver is pretty much a starter nowadays, and Brandon Powell is not a starter. He’s a good back up option. 

2 hours ago, viking said:

Would bringing back Risner effect our comp picks?

I have seen no indication that they tendered him an offer yesterday, which IMO was foolish. Everyone else seems to be indifferent to that, but I think it was an avoidable mistake. With no offer tendered, Risner can no longer affect the Vikings comp picks.

Had the team tendered Risner, the result could have been a third-round compensatory pick if someone else signed him. Alternatively, if nobody signed him, he the Vikings would have had exclusive negotiating rights with him.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, viking said:

I think the word on the street is that the Vikes will kick the tires on Tyler Boyd to be our WR3.

Only 29 years old and would slot in perfectly behind Jefferson and Addison

I love when we sign Pitt guys!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I have seen no indication that they tendered him an offer yesterday, which IMO was foolish. Everyone else seems to be indifferent to that, but I think it was an avoidable mistake. With no offer tendered, Risner can no longer affect the Vikings comp picks.

Had the team tendered Risner, the result could have been a third-round compensatory pick if someone else signed him. Alternatively, if nobody signed him, he the Vikings would have had exclusive negotiating rights with him.

Risner is an unrestricted free agent. There was no tender to sign him too. 

56 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I think we dropped the ball on him and then signing Griffin too. I'd rather have one of the other CBs who were cut (White, Howard) who wouldn't impact the comp picks.

and I know some here don't care about comp picks, but given the current state of our team and draft capital, we need as much help as we can get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

Thanks for the explanation!

26 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Risner is an unrestricted free agent. There was no tender to sign him too. 

Yes, there was a tender they could have given him.  The deadline for the tender was yesterday. I posted the details including links to the specific parts of the CBA last week.

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

Yes, there was a tender they could have given him.  The deadline for the tender was yesterday. I posted the details including links to the specific parts of the CBA last week.

Can you link the details again?

24 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Yes, please do so, because I don't see anywhere where the Vikings can tender any UFA. Risner would have just had to sign somewhere before today to be considered potentially a CFA. 

41 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Sure.  I'll link to the posts I have written on this forum since last week related to the topic. The third post below has the links to the CBA details.

• Like 2

Sucks the Vikings did not make a run at Michael Gallup, that is pretty cheap what the Raiders are paying him, 1 year $3 million for a pretty quality veteran WR.

Also curious if they make a run at Noah Elliss who was cut by the Eagles recently, he is a great developmental NT and I would not mind him on the practice squad.  

• Like 1