Patriots parting ways with Bill Belichick

NYRaider

5 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If we get killed on Monday Night it could legit happen. Sirianni MIGHT have lost the locker room. It has been an ugly month+ for him.

It would still be massively short-sighed, and I have enough respect for Roseman and the Eagles organization to believe they wouldn't make such a blatantly brainless move.

If they do, I guess my levels of respect would change to account for that.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

It would still be massively short-sighed, and I have enough respect for Roseman and the Eagles organization to believe they wouldn't make such a blatantly brainless move.

If they do, I guess my levels of respect would change to account for that.

They probably won't, but if they do it likely would be because it is warranted. This team has collapsed in ways that simply don't make sense and coaching is the number one thing to blame.

13 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

jack-nicholson-jack.gif

This scares the living crap out of me for some reason i could be wrong but i just don't see it working out if he is the choice.   Maybe if he brings in a top tier coaching group with him like Mcdaniels as a OC and keeping Nielsen our current DC.   But even then i don't want him touching drafts or personnel pickups let Fontenot work his magic like he has already been doing. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

This scares the living crap out of me for some reason i could be wrong but i just don't see it working out if he is the choice.   Maybe if he brings in a top tier coaching group with him like Mcdaniels as a OC and keeping Nielsen our current DC.   But even then i don't want him touching drafts or personnel pickups let Fontenot work his magic like he has already been doing. 

i think it is genuine interest early on strategically to build leverage against the team(s) he really wants to go to

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

This is a valid fear, and IMO, should be anyone’s biggest fear with bringing Belichick aboard. What’s the cost going to be of bringing him in - GM duties? Even if he had a better record of player acquisition/coaching hires, a guy in his 70s coming in and potentially gutting some of the roster through a “culture change” is a worrisome thing. Add in the weird decision making with coaches and the bad decision making with draft picks/free agency these last couple years, I’d be terrified. 

If you knew you were getting Bill strictly as a coach, that’s a completely different story. Then I'm still worried about his input with coaching hires, but beyond that I’m just worried about the brunt of the players taking to the coaching change. And his age. 

12 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

belichick to dallas confirmed

As much as it's a stretch to see him and Jerry working together, Parcells did it. If  McCarthy is fired you'd have to say Dallas is the best coaching job available too. Lots of talent - including Parsons who BB would love to work with - plus the NFCE is not good right now.

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

As much as it's a stretch to see him and Jerry working together, Parcells did it. If  McCarthy is fired you'd have to say Dallas is the best coaching job available too. Lots of talent - including Parsons who BB would love to work with - plus the NFCE is not good right now.

i think bill ends up on the bills somehow and that would be the best job available because of josh allen basically but if sean mcdermott isnt let go for bill then yeah i would think its the cowboys or chargers

8 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

i think bill ends up on the bills somehow and that would be the best job available because of josh allen basically but if sean mcdermott isnt let go for bill then yeah i would think its the cowboys or chargers

If the Dallas job opens up (and it should, given the events of yesterday), then I think it’ll either be Harbaugh or Belichick as the Cowboys’ next head coach. I understand that Harbaugh is meeting with the Chargers today, but the Dallas job is a more attractive job between the two.

26 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

If the Dallas job opens up (and it should, given the events of yesterday), then I think it’ll either be Harbaugh or Belichick as the Cowboys’ next head coach. I understand that Harbaugh is meeting with the Chargers today, but the Dallas job is a more attractive job between the two.

I'd agree, but it's likely pretty close depending on what Harbaugh thinks of Herbert compared to Dak.

I think Jerry and Belichick could end up being a huge disaster, but I could see why there would be potential mutual interest.

42 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I'd agree, but it's likely pretty close depending on what Harbaugh thinks of Herbert compared to Dak.

I think Jerry and Belichick could end up being a huge disaster, but I could see why there would be potential mutual interest.

I look at it more that the Spanos family are notoriously some of the cheapest owners in the league, where Jerry will spend money on a coach and resources. Dallas is also far less expensive to live in than Los Angeles. We all know that Harbaugh really likes California, though.