Patriots parting ways with Bill Belichick

NYRaider

Not an unexpected news story, but still feels like a seismic one regardless.

I think the more interesting aspect here is where Bill lands next, rather than who they hire to replace him. I’d imagine there’s a good chance of it being Vrabel or Mayo succeeding him, but who will be interested in Belichick is a much tougher question to answer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I think the more interesting aspect here is where Bill lands next, rather than who they hire to replace him. I’d imagine there’s a good chance of it being Vrabel or Mayo succeeding him, but who will be interested in Belichick is a much tougher question to answer.

I think David Tepper is going to break the Rooney Rule in how quickly he hires Belicheck.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Rumors were WAS would be very interested

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Rumors were WAS would be very interested

Hiring the most successful coach and getting one of the top two QBs seems like quite a way to start your tenure for Harris and the new owners.

Not in how likely it’ll be successful, but it’ll seem like a big page turn down there.

11 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Feels like Vrabel has enough juice to go elsewhere, but maybe the allure of going back is enough. Know he’s spoken highly of NE as recently as this year. There’s just a lot of work that needs done.

Mayo does seem like the likely candidate.