Patriots parting ways with Bill Belichick

NYRaider

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Pats fans are like Bill’s system isn’t effective anymore so let’s hire someone from his coaching tree to replace him. 

Not much agreement on Vrabel on the Pats forum actually. Personally, I don't want Vrabel/Mayo/McDaniels/Flores, not because I think they are bad candidates (except JMcD), but because I think a clean break with past is important. The Brady/Bill days are over and hiring someone from those days would be a mistake.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Soggust said:

I am in the camp of "lifetime contract" but I gotta be honest -

The idea of Belichick getting cut after 2 seasons of missing the playoffs is almost poetic with regards to the way the organization has been ran the last 20 years. 

No one above the team, even Bill.

Wellnsee how much the 'Patriot Way' sticks around without BB.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Pats fans have been talking about this since that Patriots Hall of Fame speech

Feel like we are heavily discounting hurricane McDaniels here. Isn't this part of the reason he turned down other jobs before finally accepting the Vegas position. So he could take over for BB?

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Feel like we are heavily discounting hurricane McDaniels here. Isn't this part of the reason he turned down other jobs before finally accepting the Vegas position. So he could take over for BB?

We're heavily discounting him because he's proven himself to be an awful head coach whose players hate him

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I'd actually put Bill O'Brien ahead of McDaniels as far as candidates - for as bad as BoB is, his resume shines much brighter than McDaniels' resume.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'd actually put Bill O'Brien ahead of McDaniels as far as candidates - for as bad as BoB is, his resume shines much brighter than McDaniels' resume.

If I was forced to pick between those I'd go BoB and it wouldn't be close. He, at the very least, has shown some ability to manage a team and create a decently productive offense that didn't have Tom Brady running it. His problems in Houston were arguably personnel decisions over coaching ones.

I don't know exactly what Josh McDaniels issue is, but I don't want him within 100 miles of that NE head coach seat.

Edited by ChazStandard