The Patriots have hired Jerod Mayo as their next head coach

Steelersfan43

13 hours ago, Ataal said:

I don't have any issues with the man himself, but man do I loathe mayonnaise.  Like, I can't even be in the same room with it.  I don't know if I'll be able to watch a game when they're saying the word Mayo 20 times.  

I know....I have issues.  

You wouldn’t get on with Will Levis then 

10 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Yep. Mayo was already essentially pen'd in as the next HC last offseason. His interview/evaluation for the job was the two years preceding that. If the Patriots didn't do what they did, he's probably coaching for another team right now.

He was absolutely a hot name as a candidate around the league, so it’s important people acknowledge that fact before pouring all of their scorn on the decision to hire him. The ‘figure head’ head coach is in fashion, rather than the recent preference for nerdy, X’s and O’s coordinators and Mayo has a big advantage of already commanding the respect of that locker room. I just hope he has can wield enough to power to breathe fresh ideas into the offensive side of the ball. 

Edited by goldfishwars
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

This feels like that Star Wars story where Dark Vader overthrows the emperor after being trained by him.

Please tell me you’ve thought his name was dark vader your entire life 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ataal said:

I don't have any issues with the man himself, but man do I loathe mayonnaise.  Like, I can't even be in the same room with it.  I don't know if I'll be able to watch a game when they're saying the word Mayo 20 times.  

I know....I have issues.  

8c8ki6.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

We replaced Belichick, a defensive minded HC that didn’t want to admit that the NFL, like all other pro sports, is all about the offense now, and replaced him with….a former LB turned LB coach that has only ever played under Belichick, and be on a coaching staff under Belichick…..

The NFL is all about offense now?

Scoring is down big the last 3 years, back to where it was over a decade ago

I don't see the long run success rate on these young gun OCs having been particularly high tbh

Either in the college game or NFL

15 hours ago, jofos said:

Kraft going to stay with Mac Jones...

Honestly with Josh McDaniels being on the sideline for the last NE game this year I can see them bringing him back as OC which is when Jones had success last.

11 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Honestly with Josh McDaniels being on the sideline for the last NE game this year I can see them bringing him back as OC which is when Jones had success last.

Define success. 

Maybe they're just writing off the first year but not hiring a GM before the draft when you're picking #3 is crazy to me. The decision on whether to take Maye/Daniels or not should be with the person who is your GM for the next few years. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SirA1 said:

You see Josh of all people working under Mayo as Jarod's OC? I don't. 

More likely he follows Bill again wherever he lands instead.