Packers @ 49ers Battle at the Pant Plant

ChaRisMa

14 hours ago, KFP7 said:

if this is true, we must have COTY right?

Unfortunately the votes for this and Executive of the Year may have been voted on before the playoffs started.

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

I think that's an insane point of view. 

History shows that a full season is much more predictive than the prior 4 games.

If you have to pick 4 games to base analysis on, the most recent 4 games are best.  But the most predictive sample is the full sample.

If you don't think that Las Vegas Raiders passing game and game plan has a chance of showing up, then that's not being realistic.

And to dismiss a bad loss to the giants that happened late in the season?  This is Joe Barry's defense.  What we are seeing is the exception, not the norm.

Barry's defense .. you are definitely correct .. all season long pretty bad.  However, the offense the past 6 games or so has progressed way beyond expectations.  When you're hot, you're hot.  It may change vs the 49ers for the offense going cold but I'd bet the defense goes that route way before the offense does.  I hope both get hot!!

1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

I like Eisen but I have to watch him on 2x speed and even then the pauses are insufferable

He does that for all the Bears quarterbacks, current and past who might be watching. None of them can process information very fast. 

• Like 3

On 1/18/2024 at 4:15 AM, Brit Pack said:

20th January Arsenal play Crystal Palace

Idk my crystal ball is showing Roy taking Eze off up 1-0 in the 65th, because you don't want your best players on the field while Arsenal is passing it around the box and refusing to shoot. It'll end up 1-1, which is basically a loss.

My keys to victory. 10 of them for Loves number

1. Jayden Reed has to get a steady dose of targets and produce for us 
2. The slot fade is something they are susceptible to, their corners aside from Charvarius Ward can be attacked
3. Eye discipline and gap integrity from our linebackers is crucial, Shanahan will be stressing them all game 
4. Gang tackle, swarm to the football. This is the best team in the league when it comes to YAC. Limit their run after catch opportunities 
5. Pass protection is a must. Hargrave and Armstead in the interior are bullies, Bosa and Young on the edges are lethal
6. Jordan Love needs to use his legs more than he has all season, if they're manned up take off. We need him to be fearless
7. LaFleur has to empty the bag. Use every wrinkle of this offense, if we can get past this team im not worried about anyone else
8. Aaron Jones has to get 20 touches. Even if he doesn't clear 100 yards on the ground, have to keep running it to remain balanced and kill the clock
9.  Joe Barry has to adjust if we get killed on a drive. Do not be stubborn. Dont be blitz happy; Purdy was the best QB against blitz this season. Timely blitzes are needed. Ravens showed that mixing up coverages is necessary. Do not just stay in zone all game 
10. For a young team...BELIEVE. anyone can be beat. But be ready for the most physical game of the season. If we cannot match their physicality we will lose by double digits. Eat your ******* Wheaties

SHOCK THE WORLD, GO PACK GO

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 6:29 AM, vegas492 said:

Like, you don't get my post.  And that is fine.  It is what it is right now.

So, outside of the obvious of my post, and contrary to my post.....check out what happened the last time Joe Barry played the 49ers and tell me how many points the defense allowed.

I feel like their skills guys are better this time around, but I also feel like their OL is weaker.

I don't know that Joe Barry won't keep us in this game, and that is contrary to my weekly post concerning faith and Joe Barry.

Funny how you mention their skill guys, the OL, but neglect to acknowledge their QB is far better this time around 

There really isn't much evidence to have faith in Joe Barry in this matchup. I'd be interested in hearing some, but everything suggests this will be quite the uphill battle for our boys

12 minutes ago, persiandud said:

My keys to victory. 10 of them for Loves number

1. Jayden Reed has to get a steady dose of targets and produce for us 
2. The slot fade is something they are susceptible to, their corners aside from Charvarius Ward can be attacked
3. Eye discipline and gap integrity from our linebackers is crucial, Shanahan will be stressing them all game 
4. Gang tackle, swarm to the football. This is the best team in the league when it comes to YAC. Limit their run after catch opportunities 
5. Pass protection is a must. Hargrave and Armstead in the interior are bullies, Bosa and Young on the edges are lethal
6. Jordan Love needs to use his legs more than he has all season, if they're manned up take off. We need him to be fearless
7. LaFleur has to empty the bag. Use every wrinkle of this offense, if we can get past this team im not worried about anyone else
8. Aaron Jones has to get 20 touches. Even if he doesn't clear 100 yards on the ground, have to keep running it to remain balanced and kill the clock
9.  Joe Barry has to adjust if we get killed on a drive. Do not be stubborn. Dont be blitz happy; Purdy was the best QB against blitz this season. Timely blitzes are needed. Ravens showed that mixing up coverages is necessary. Do not just stay in zone all game 
10. For a young team...BELIEVE. anyone can be beat. But be ready for the most physical game of the season. If we cannot match their physicality we will lose by double digits. Eat your ******* Wheaties

SHOCK THE WORLD, GO PACK GO

Here is mine, plus 2 in the turnover battle. THE END!

8 hours ago, Pugger said:

Eisen wasn't alone in questioning Gute after he moved up to take Love in the 2020 draft.  

There are teams that trade multiple first rounders to get a QB (Trubisky, Trey Lance).   Giving up the 29th? and a 4th to move up to 26 is peanuts.  It was always worth the risk if they liked him.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 6:46 AM, Norm said:

Whoa, I didn't think you were around these days

I've had a really busy year. Hope you're doing well bud

Really enjoyed this season! One of the best I've ever experienced. To be here at this level in a rebuilding year is phenomenal. I have had no stress or expectations in these playoffs, it feels amazing (last time I felt that way was 2010 haha). Future is bright! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, persiandud said:

Funny how you mention their skill guys, the OL, but neglect to acknowledge their QB is far better this time around 

There really isn't much evidence to have faith in Joe Barry in this matchup. I'd be interested in hearing some, but everything suggests this will be quite the uphill battle for our boys

There is never optimism for Joe Barry's defense and yet, here we are. Plus, two in the turnover battle we win. Since they lost their all-pro safety, Hufanga and since then that secondary has been gettable. Our interior of the defensive line has to win, early and often. Pressure in Purdy's face and he'll toss us a couple.