Conference Championships

Leader

1 minute ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Well, I do agree that losses to this team are definitely going to pile up in blame on him now that Rodgers is gone, and going forward we gotta start changing the script.

But he's not going to get fired right now and nor should he - yes even I say for now we gotta stick the course.  We went further than we were supposed to with the youngest team ever, and it's only the beginning for Jordan Love.  For now things are looking up here.

Now I do say LaFleur should be held to account if he doesn't move on from Joe Barry and Rich Bisaccia, and if we meet up against SF again in the playoffs next year, he has no excuse to lose to them.  But for now we gotta continue to let our new team's journey play out.

That's the thing. I don't want the 49ers back in the playoffs, at least not in my lifetime. The 49ers weren't even supposed to be in the playoffs last year because they had beaten us the year before, this also happened in 2014 and 2020.

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Campbell went full Campbell. Guy is ******* idiot and finally got exposed.

How was he exposed?  We didn't learn anything about Campbell tonight that wasn't already known.  If anything, he confirmed what we already knew about him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Well, I do agree that losses to this team are definitely going to pile up in blame on him now that Rodgers is gone, and going forward we gotta start changing the script.

But he's not going to get fired right now and nor should he - yes even I say for now we gotta stick the course.  We went further than we were supposed to with the youngest team ever, and it's only the beginning for Jordan Love.  For now things are looking up here.

Now I do say LaFleur should be held to account if he doesn't move on from Joe Barry and Rich Bisaccia, and if we meet up against SF again in the playoffs next year, he has no excuse to lose to them.  But for now we gotta continue to let our new team's journey play out.

Stop it. You're just making **** up now.
The *worst* thing you could do to Love at this stage would be to change the offense on him.

1 minute ago, Uffdaswede said:

Fullback, varsity high school, Fox River Valley Conference, 1.3 ypc…

(I was getting the impression we have to start giving our football résumés before offering opinions.)

Momentum is real, discipline and leadership can overcome it. Time outs in basketball have only a little to do with strategy. Timeouts break the rhythm of the hot team. (Dang! I don’t have much on my basketball résumé.)

This. I think it is a real thing. I also think it’s greatly overrated considering the number of times it “should” matter but then it doesn’t. And some teams are a lot more affected by it than others.

Which is true of any moment in individual or team based competition. Some people tighten up and collapse when things start to turn and others just motor right through it.

2 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Fullback, varsity high school, Fox River Valley Conference, 1.3 ypc…

(I was getting the impression we have to start giving our football résumés before offering opinions.)

Momentum is real, discipline and leadership can overcome it. Time outs in basketball have only a little to do with strategy. Timeouts break the rhythm of the hot team. (Dang! I don’t have much on my basketball résumé.)

momentum is real, sure. I'm open enough to buy that as plausible.

But then the momentum was just as real during all the similar plays the analytics are based on. Momentum is not unique to the current moment. The current moment is not "special" for the data. It's just another data point among many similar data points. All of which momentum maybe, probably had some effect but was then captured in the data. 

So the analytics are just as valid at any point in the game because the urgency is the same in all of the comparable data points.

• Like 1

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Sure would be nice if GB could occasionally be on the "should have lost, but won" side of this equation in a playoff game.

No doubt about that. We've been fortunate to get into A LOT of Playoff games...but you wanna know...we've lost a **** load of Playoff games as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

How was he exposed?  We didn't learn anything about Campbell tonight that wasn't already known.  If anything, he confirmed what we already knew about him.

More meant it as it finally cost him in a big game.

1 minute ago, Striker said:

This. I think it is a real thing. I also think it’s greatly overrated considering the number of times it “should” matter but then it doesn’t. And some teams are a lot more affected by it than others.

Which is true of any moment in individual or team based competition. Some people tighten up and collapse when things start to turn and others just motor right through it.

Given the Lions history, it would be pretty easy to figure out they might be susceptible to such pressure. Considering the environment, opponent and the demons they carry for an organization. 

What you can't do, if you are the coach, is be the reason your team lost. Dan Campbell is the reason the Lions lost. 

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

momentum is real, sure. I'm open enough to buy that as plausible.

But then the momentum was just as real during all the similar plays the analytics are based on. Momentum is not unique to the current moment. The current moment is not "special" for the data. It's just another data point among many similar data points. All of which momentum maybe, probably had some effect but was then captured in the data. 

So the analytics are just as valid at any point in the game because the urgency is the same in all of the comparable data points.

DET wound up making a bet that Goff could complete a pass to an open WR about 10 yards away while facing no immediate pressure.  They lost that bet tonight.  It doesn't mean it was a bad bet to make.

• Like 2