Rayne Dakota Prescott

textaz03

What do you wanna see happen with Dak?   

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you wanna see happen with Dak?

• Keep and resign
    • Cut pre-June 1st
    • Cut post June 1st
    • Trade prior March 17

5 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I completely agree, but his struggles this season are exactly why I emphasized that he wasn’t worth the money and should walk, because he’ll have even less to work with than he failed with before. Dak is not talented enough to overcome obstacles on his own. He doesn’t have that ability, which is why when people try to put him on the Allen/Lamar/Burrow level, I pushed back. Seeing that the roster is already putrid and there was no repairing it in-season, extending him Week 1 was stupid. It made more sense to make him prove to the team that he can do more with less rather than pay him $60M to tell us what we already knew: that he can’t. And now, we’re stuck with this trash for the next 4 years.

We botched it. They should have asked him to waive his no trade end of last year and started over or paid him earlier if that was the plan.

Now waiting to pay him and CD probably cost us $15 million more a year.

We have one stud olineman. A top 10 to 12 QB, a Top 5 receiver on offense and that's it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I completely agree, but his struggles this season are exactly why I emphasized that he wasn’t worth the money and should walk, because he’ll have even less to work with than he failed with before. Dak is not talented enough to overcome obstacles on his own. He doesn’t have that ability, which is why when people try to put him on the Allen/Lamar/Burrow level, I pushed back. Seeing that the roster is already putrid and there was no repairing it in-season, extending him Week 1 was stupid. It made more sense to make him prove to the team that he can do more with less rather than pay him $60M to tell us what we already knew: that he can’t. And now, we’re stuck with this trash for the next 4 years.

In all sincerity, I’ve NEVER been more down on the cowboys than I am rn… not even the Q years.  We have very little hope of actually being a relevant postseason team over the next 5 years.  But we are so top heavy and have enough top talent that we will hover around .500.  We won’t suck enough to truly rebuild and get better.  Other teams will compete for the SB, we’ll compete to play in the WC round at best.

The only way to break this cycle is truly a domineering HC which goes against everything Jerry believes in.  

• Like 1

Daks gotta go.

And it's not because of his picks tonight

Or because he led the league in picks recently

It isn't because the team is losing right now

It isnt because the offense stinks either because I believe a good running back lifts this offense threefold..

And it isnt even because of his stupid contract

No..

He has to go because he isn't playing like he cares. How do you throw another pick when you're behind and show zero emotion? It's like he got paid so he can chill now.

That sort of thing Irvin was responsible for clearing the locker room of under Jimmy, telling Jimmy all the guys who were so used to losing that they would tell him it's ok, win or lose we still get paid the same.

It's toxic and spreads very quickly. I saw it first hand at Notre Dame as a sophomore, when all the top guys would suddenly stop lifting as long as they did the year before. Or run with less effort. Like starting to lose deflated them and they didn't feel a need to do the little extras. I kind of see this from Dak right now. And if all people to do that. You can't have your QB setting that kind of tone 

Signing Dak was a mistake... would have went with the kid from SF... whatever his name is (I forget). 

He wants to capitalize on the CeeDee Parsons window, but now, I think we have to franchise and trade Parsons. The defense will be a 2-3 year rebuild. By then, the offense will be a rebuild. 

In short, we are content living as a 9-8 or 8-9 WC team for the next 2-3 years, like the former Cousins Vikings and now Falcon teams. That's what Jerry wants to be. And that's fine, because the fans will actually tolerate that, as opposed to tanking.

1 hour ago, WheatieMan said:

Signing Dak was a mistake... would have went with the kid from SF... whatever his name is (I forget). 

He wants to capitalize on the CeeDee Parsons window, but now, I think we have to franchise and trade Parsons. The defense will be a 2-3 year rebuild. By then, the offense will be a rebuild. 

In short, we are content living as a 9-8 or 8-9 WC team for the next 2-3 years, like the former Cousins Vikings and now Falcon teams. That's what Jerry wants to be. And that's fine, because the fans will actually tolerate that, as opposed to tanking.

Who would have seen that coming? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Who would have seen that coming? 

The silver lining here is that the Cowboys can get out of Dak’s contract in 2026. Dead Cap is 27M and Cap savings is 40M.

So if Dak continues this play in 2025, we can get out of the bad contract.

Edited by Tony7188
  • Like 1

Dak Prescott through 6 games:

1,602 pass yards 8 TDs 6 picks

pass rate 85.5 (25th)

QBR 48.7 (24th)

ANY/A 5.81 (20th)

What’s funny is people wanted to sign him because, “Who is going to play QB? Without Dak we might suck!”

Look at us now… sucking. Foresight is rare among fans and GMs alike. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

The really sad/depressing thing is there is no way out with that Contract. Is there even the slightest chance some team would trade for him?? Could a team even trade for him? 

Pretty sure he has a no trade clause....freakin' again. 

Edited by HDsportsfan

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

The really sad/depressing thing is there is no way out with that Contract. Is there even the slightest chance some team would trade for him?? Could a team even trade for him? 

He has a no-trade clause, and the guaranteed money would accelerate onto the current year’s cap. So, no, we can’t trade him. It’s why we should never have signed him in the first place.

Hell I’d cut Dak after 2025 season and eat that contact and just call it what it is, addition by subtraction, get it off the books sooner than later.  Take a shot at a top tier QB in 2026 draft.

Start planning now long term! Franchise tag and trade Micah in 2025. Get what we can for him. 

2025 Offseason start acquiring pieces to build around the next QB. Must utilize Free Agency and the draft! Build up Oline and interior DLine, get 2 offensive playmakers (WR and RB). Draft a mid round QB and groom for a year. Stop using quality picks for freaking projects!! Rounds 1 and 2 should always be sure fire starters coming off the draft board. 

12 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Hell I’d cut Dak after 2025 season and eat that contact and just call it what it is, addition by subtraction, get it off the books sooner than later.  Take a shot at a top tier QB in 2026 draft.

Start planning now long term! Franchise tag and trade Micah in 2025. Get what we can for him. 

2025 Offseason start acquiring pieces to build around the next QB. Must utilize Free Agency and the draft! Build up Oline and interior DLine, get 2 offensive playmakers (WR and RB). Draft a mid round QB and groom for a year. Stop using quality picks for freaking projects!! Rounds 1 and 2 should always be sure fire starters coming off the draft board. 

None of that will happen as long as Jerry is alive.

It's January 2029. President Kim Kardashian has just been inaugurated. India and China are at war. The US is rapidly accelerating towards Balkanization with states seceding left and right. Gasoline costs $6.05 a gallon in Texas. The Chiefs are looking for their second three-peat under Mahomes, with Andy Reid set to retire win or lose.

Fans continue to debate whether or not 36-year-old Dak Prescott, owner of every Cowboys statistical benchmark and a 3-8 playoff record, is worth $100 million a year on his fourth contract.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2024 at 11:09 PM, textaz03 said:

I think you trade back in '25 draft and then restock for '26. They need to acquire a lot of 1st round picks in '26. You figure we will be drafting 14-18. You move Parsons, package 14-18 for a 1st rounder the following year, and a '27 pick, and get the franchise QB. The Texans did it... it's time to make the move. Not sure who the projections are two years out though.

Even if we give up our 1st round pick for a high 3rd and a 1st in '26, it could be worth it to throw away a draft pick's "point value". The problem is Jerry waits for a franchise QB season ending injury before deciding to tank midseason. These things need to be planned well in advance.

Edited by WheatieMan