2023 NFC Championship: 3) Detroit Lions @ 1) San Francisco 49ers

notthatbluestuff

Who wins the NFC?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the NFC?

• Detroit Lions
    • San Francisco 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/2024 at 11:40 PM

1 minute ago, Mox said:

Goff was not the issue at all today.

Some inaccurate ball placement. Receivers dropped plenty but he had Reynolds over the middle on the 4th even tho they should have kicked it.

1 minute ago, nagahide13 said:

Nah man. Players didn't execute. Even if people don't like the decisions the openings were available and Det didn't get it done.

dropped passes don't help but I didn't like DC going for it

Just now, 3rivers said:

how does DC face his team after  this? The players can't be happy about it

You live by the sword you die by the sword - Detroit turned it around (going back to last season) by being assertive like this. It didn't work today, but it worked a lot between the beginning of the Campbell era until now.

It's reality sometimes - your best foot forward isn't necessarily the best foot forward all the time.

• Like 2

Just now, nicfre2011 said:

I still can't believe Dan Campbell blew this game. I hate to see this for the team and fanbase. I was really hoping we would play them in the SB.

Look, Im not saying Cambell is blameless, but how many drops did Lions recievers have in the second half? Who fumbled the ball? Who had an interception go right through his hands?

Plenty of blame to go around. Campbell will take the hit because thats the kind of guy he was, but the Lions had multiple opportunities to make a play on the field and they didnt.

• Like 2

Just now, bigbadbuff said:

I don’t understand…

Why don’t they just hand it to cmc…run backwards 20 yards and lay down to run the clock. Why run it up the middle and risk a fumble ?

Because he’ll have negative 20 yards 😂 

Just now, RaiderX said:

Some inaccurate ball placement. Receivers dropped plenty but he had Reynolds over the middle on the 4th even tho they should have kicked it.

Those 3 drops are almost certainly the difference in the game. Goff was great today.

Just now, nagahide13 said:

Nah man. Players didn't execute. Even if people don't like the decisions the openings were available and Det didn't get it done.

Right? Three dropped passes in the span of a few minutes turned this game.

The odd thing is that most of these fans had Detroit getting destroyed in this game. 

The Lions had this in the bag, but then remembered who they were. Basically.

It's such a tough moment for them, it's easy to forget that the Niners themselves have fallen short in this situation too many times. They've definitely earned this, and I'll be rooting for them in the Super Bowl. Assuming I watch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adamq said:

He got them, THEM, to the NFC title game and nearly won. They should be thanking him

Yeah.  I think it's kind of insane, the way people are pinning this game on Campbell being aggressive.  That's the way this whole thing works.  Live by the sword, die by the sword.

You can't reasonably expect it to work out every time.  Or to only risk it when it converts.  That's not how it works.

• Like 2