Conference Championship: San Francisco 49ers vs Detroit Lions

1 minute ago, struby3 said:

What are the chances that Shanahan actually has the balls to fire Wilks this offseason? He hasn't been afraid to fire coaches in the past. As an Iowa Hawkeye fan, I just witnessed Kirk Ferentz refusing to fire his son for about the last three years and the damn AD had to do it for him. So I'm always reluctant to get excited about coaches getting deservedly fired.

I mean, if there was a game that could get Wilks fired, this is it. 

But what is the answer? Are we bringing in Brandon Staley? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

How many playoff games has Belichick coached without Brady again?

Well if you give Belichick the Niners offense and then maybe the Niners defense wouldn't crumble like they tend to do in the post-season under Kyle Shannahan. Bottom line changes need to be made in the offseason or else it's either status quo or worse with regards to the results. 

2 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Well if you give Belichick the Niners offense and then maybe the Niners defense wouldn't crumble like they tend to do in the post-season under Kyle Shannahan. Bottom line changes need to be made in the offseason or else it's either status quo or worse with regards to the results. 

You don't get the niners offense without Shanahan. 

Wow, surprising first half! I was hoping to see a better performance from the #1 seed. I guess Green Bay wasn't such a fluke.

9ers need to get kittle in the game and get mcaffrey involved again!

And for God's sake, get some pressure on Goff, and maybe he'll throw a couple of picks.

2 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

You don't get the niners offense without Shanahan. 

I've seen a Kyle Shannahan coached offense blow a 28-3 lead in a SB, I've seen them blow a 20-10 lead with under 8 min remaining in the 4th quarter in a SB, and I've seen a Kyle Shannahan coached team blow a 17-7 lead heading into the 4th quarter of an NFC title game. What more proof do you need that Kyle can't win the big game.

3 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

It's astonishing how much this defense has dropped off... 

3rd and 10+ and they're getting picked off like it was free. 

not even a little surprised, tbh

We not winning the big one with this OL and DC.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I mean, if there was a game that could get Wilks fired, this is it. 

But what is the answer? Are we bringing in Brandon Staley? 

Good point, but SF has had success with first time coordinators in the past. If Shanahan doesn't think that Wilks can improve, then you have to move on. This isn't a SB-caliber defense with Wilks calling the shots. I'd be interested in Al Harris of Dallas. Should've just hired Fangio last year.

• Like 2