NFC Championship Game: Detroit Lions @ San Francisco 49ers

Louis Friend

Just now, Just Want A Title said:

He has some talent but I don't think he does a great job of using the talent that he has at his disposal.

The talent he has can work against the weaker teams but I wouldn’t even rate it middle tier. The corners are trash. Dl is ok but not much depth.

• Like 1

Just now, detfan782004 said:

Yes and then SF adjusted and Glenn was like Winkler in water boy. Pure stupid. He doesn't have the ability for mid game adjustments 

Our entire coaching staff seems to have serious issues with 2nd half adjustments. The 3rd quarter was a real issue all year with the exception of the Bucs game.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

He never adjusts. Despite talent he sticks to what he's doing even if it's not working.

He has no imagination and not able to pivot.

Yeah, you’ll get no argument from me here.

• Like 1

I didn't get a chance to catch the game, but I just came by to congratulate you guys on a great season. I knew Detroit would be special this year, but you guys exceeded my expectations.

I think as of right now it'll be you vs Green Bay for the division title in 2024. Your team still has so much to look forward to.

It sucks the way it ended, but your team will be in the thick of things next year I'm sure.

(Which stinks as a Vikings fan because I like it when the rest of the division has a down year lol)

Congrats on a successful season and I'm interested to see how things unfold going forward in Detroit!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

Dan Campbell and his aggressiveness didn't lose this game mistakes at critical junctures of the game by the players on the field lost this game.  We can blame the referees either.

His aggressiveness didn’t help either. Not every play has to be a kill shot. Sometimes it makes far more sense to take the points. It changes the entire dynamic.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

His aggressiveness didn’t help either. Not every play has to be a kill shot. Sometimes it makes far more sense to take the points. It changes the entire dynamic.

For sure. Him explaining away the FG for tie to get momentum is dumb. You didn't need momentum you needed to stop theirs.

Everything I've complained about all year came to light.

Dan Campbell as game manager sucks

A Glenn as DC sucks

Ben Johnson gets too cute and goes way from what's working.

This whole playing with house money phrase is gross: no team has house money. Windows are small in the NFL and they chocked away a chance in their small window 

• Like 1

Congratulations on an amazing season! Sorry for the loss today, I know it hurts (I’m a Viking’s fan). It’s hard to root for a division rival’s success, but I was 💯 on board today. I felt some the pain right with you. Maybe that’s empathy or maybe PTSD. 

on a positive note, your team is stacked and will be formidable for the foreseeable future. Good luck moving forward. 

• Like 3

I'm disappointed about last night, but I get most of it. The defense fell apart in the second half. I can't blame Campbell too much for going for it because the defense wasn't stopping anything. You could see that some of the guys on the team let it go to their head a bit and they made some mistakes that they wouldn't have normally made. 

The talent is also still an issue. If you're counting on Vildor for a significant contribution in a playoff game then that's a sign there is a bit hole on your roster. 

10 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I didn't get a chance to catch the game, but I just came by to congratulate you guys on a great season. I knew Detroit would be special this year, but you guys exceeded my expectations.

I think as of right now it'll be you vs Green Bay for the division title in 2024. Your team still has so much to look forward to.

It sucks the way it ended, but your team will be in the thick of things next year I'm sure.

(Which stinks as a Vikings fan because I like it when the rest of the division has a down year lol)

Congrats on a successful season and I'm interested to see how things unfold going forward in Detroit!

You are a classy guy! 

• Like 2