2023 AFC Championship: (3) Kansas City Chiefs @ (1) B'more 'vens

Who's going to the Super Bowl?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFCCG

• Ravens
    • Chiefs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/2024 at 08:00 PM

13 hours ago, RavensDefense3 said:

i've never seen a team get so many favorable calls as the chiefs in all of my time watching football. we've definitely been on the bad end of those "questionable calls" over the years we've played them. it's so bad that i'm accepting it already. hopefully the home field can help negate the refs.

And yet the Chiefs scored a winning touchdown to beat the Bills butt he refs took it off them and cost them the game because are player who had no impact at all on the play had his toe nail on a line.  Even thought he Bills were offside very next play, no call. So it ended  ended up costing the Chiefs  the game.

And yet the Chiefs just had to score to beat the packers in Greenbay on the last play and their wide receiver was put in a headlock and the refs were too scared to call the most obvious PI in front of the Greenabycrowd to give the Chiefs the win. So it ended up costing the Chiefs another game.

Chiefs get all the calls.

Not even a Chiefs fan. It's just another case of ¨Patriots get all the calls.¨ You dont hear that now, because they are ****.

Success breeds hate.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Every time I read Vens. It reminds when I go to the bathroom and go number 1. It’s a veiny sucker. I guess that what Baltimoreans want and like.. Diamond Bull why are you the only normal ravens fan? I’m so Curious? You have one guy who’s a die hard Seahawks and Ravens fan. You have another guy who survived 25 years in prison. Like what the hell man. How are the imbalances so off? 

Love you @diamondbull424the rest can simply skidaddle. 

FtHoFK0WcAI6FvP.jpg:large

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 3

I have a lot of thoughts about this game, I go from very confident to not as much. Ultimately this game I believe will come down to the trench battle.

The Chiefs have one of the best IOLs in all of football- when healthy. However Thuney won’t be “healthy” even if he plays. His ability to deliver a punch and sustain and anchor against Mads, Pierce, Urban, and Jones along the inside will be severely compromised.

Ultimately the Chiefs path to victory I feel was always to establish a strong rushing attack, limit turnovers, and force the Ravens into turnovers. Keep the game close and then win it off a FG in the end. Patrick Mahomes delivering dagger 3rd downs in key situations and big runs to get just enough against this defense. That path is made to be muddied with the injury to Thuney. That still leaves two other elite interior OL and a good line to boot, however Mahomes will see more pressure in has face, the run game should be less effective, and it should force tight window throws while under pressure… and it’ll be difficult to limit turnovers under such a route.

I expect Kyle Hamilton to really play a part in limiting this Chiefs offense and creating havoc with his instincts.

Conversely we’ve seen the Chiefs defense give up runs to Josh Allen. Though this was with Gay missing. It’ll be interesting to see how they elect to defend Lamar. If they hold their pass rushers back and force him to beat them via the pocket. If they try and blitz him and force quick passes into zone coverage. Or if they just try and rush 4 and play zone.

At this point Lamar has found a way to win against all of that and Monken unlike Roman has shown a willingness to adjust his play calling if it’s not working.

The Ravens offense is battling a great defense with athletic LBs, I’m sure KC will look to pack the middle of the field and so Justice Hill and Dalvin Cook getting off tackle quickly for nice gains could be pivotal.

Ultimately the Ravens should be more fresh, they should have the advantage in the trenches, and they should have an advantage with being able to create more turnovers.

Ultimately I expect another close game going into the half, perhaps something like 13-10, Ravens… and then as freshness begins to play a factor, the Ravens defense clamps up more, the coordinators make key halftime adjustments per their MO to this point, and the offense gets a few more big plays.

If this game ends up being 23-20 KC I wouldn’t particularly be surprised. However I see it ultimately being 30-16, Ravens. Chiefs have an opportunity in the redzone to make it 27-23 in the middle of the 4th, the defense however makes a stand and the Chiefs elect not to take the field goal. The Ravens score 3 on the next possession, the defense closes it out with a pick to close out the game.

I see a tight game that ends up looking like it was a “blowout” based off of the score… similar to the Ravens game against the Jags.

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Bs calls breed hate. Tuck Rule etc etc.

Coupling this with general privilege and being tone deaf to such privilege. I lost a ton of respect for Mahomes after the Bills game in the regular season. You can be upset that you lost all you want but don’t go on your tirade when you’re meeting up with Josh Allen on the field afterwards. Totally classless.

The guy gets every single thought of a call in his favor and still cries about everything.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TOUCAN said:

The guy gets every single thought of a call in his favor and still cries about everything.

I'm not gonna get into a back and forth but this sentiment has been disproven over and over yet it still gets stated as of fact and it's pretty dumb. If we "gOt AlL tHe CaLls" the refs would've pocketed the Toney call, they would've called the PI in the packer game, etc. if we gOt AlL tHe CaLls then why are we the most penalized team in the league? Wouldn't it be easier to give privilege by the calls being cut in half? Or is that part of the "rig". 

And save the BS about how the earlier Bills game was the final straw in your ever so needed respect for Pat, that crap (generally) has been brewing once the Chiefs fatigue kicked in quite a while, just read the game threads going back a while, you're just not being honest. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I'm not gonna get into a back and forth but this sentiment has been disproven over and over yet it still gets stated as of fact and it's pretty dumb. If we "gOt AlL tHe CaLls" the refs would've pocketed the Toney call, they would've called the PI in the packer game, etc. if we gOt AlL tHe CaLls then why are we the most penalized team in the league? Wouldn't it be easier to give privilege by the calls being cut in half? Or is that part of the "rig". 

And save the BS about how the earlier Bills game was the final straw in your ever so needed respect for Pat, that crap (generally) has been brewing once the Chiefs fatigue kicked in quite a while, just read the game threads going back a while, you're just not being honest. 

Oh please. You’re being a fan right now, that’s all. Have I ever liked the Chiefs? No. Never have. But at least I respected Mahomes, but you don’t go ranting about how you should have won to the opposing QB in the meetup. Get all the way outta here with that noise.

This ain’t “You hate us because you ain’t us.” Like you seem to think it is

3 minutes ago, TOUCAN said:

Oh please. You’re being a fan right now, that’s all. Have I ever liked the Chiefs? No. Never have. But at least I respected Mahomes, but you don’t go ranting about how you should have won to the opposing QB in the meetup. Get all the way outta here with that noise.

He never ranted about how he should have won. All he said was the call was BS. Josh looked more bewildered about it then anything 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TOUCAN said:

"Have I like the Chiefs? No. Never have." So I'm sure any sort of bias never enters your head at all lol ok.

So you're not going to address any of the points? If we "gOt AlL tHe CaLls" shouldn't we have gotten ALL THE CALLS? Why are we the most penalized team?

Pat definitely should've said "good game" and kept it moving but him and Josh are friends and Josh asked him what happened but, nah, old Toucan lost his head because of that lol