Around The League

Jerry

3 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

If they show promise Pitt’s going to re-signed them

The only way you can have Fields beyond this year is by picking up his team option for $25M or franchise tagging him for $40M. Outside of that he’s free to walk. Doubt he’d resign in Pittsburgh to sit behind Russ for another year, he’ll probably look to go somewhere he has a chance to start.

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The only way you can have Fields beyond this year is by picking up his team option for $25M or franchise tagging him for $40M. Outside of that he’s free to walk. Doubt he’d resign in Pittsburgh to sit behind Russ for another year, he’ll probably look to go somewhere he has a chance to start.

Fields is not a starter and everybody knows it.

He was traded for a 2025 6 round pick, that’s almost nothing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Fields is not a starter and everybody knows it.

He was traded for a 2025 6 round pick, that’s almost nothing.

It’s a weak QB class next year if he flashes in Pitt someone might give him a chance. I mean I don’t think Darnold, Stidham, Minshew, Daniel Jones etc are starting caliber players and yet they’re all #1 on the depth chart 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It’s a weak QB class next year if he flashes in Pitt someone might give him a chance. I mean I don’t think Darnold, Stidham, Minshew, Daniel Jones etc are starting caliber players and yet they’re all #1 on the depth chart 

If Chicago didn’t have the #1 or #2 pick, they would have kept Fields for next season . Honestly, Williams subplants more than half the QB starters in the NFL

Stidham, Jones and Darnold could all be #1 on depth chart but could backups by Week 1

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

A big upgrade at QB? 

AOC's production last year would've put him on pace for 3,770 yards / 20 TD / 12 INT over a full season. Minshew had 3,305 / 15 TD / 9 INT.

Again, I'm assuming you didn't watch much Indy last year? Minshew is the definition of a check down merchant / game manager, he has no arm to push the ball down the field. Shane Stiechen is one of the best play callers in the league so he found a way to make it work but their offense was limited because of it.

I mean AOC had 12 TD in 10 games and Minshew had 15 in 17. 

You assume wrong, I saw quite a few Colts games and yes, Minshew based on last years’ games would be a big improvement over O’Connell and of course Garoppolo. It seems like you didn’t watch the games and just went on the stats maybe? Now, obviously O’Connell could improve of course but based on last years play it certainly would be a big upgrade to even average. That would have won three more games last year at least.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

You assume wrong, I saw quite a few Colts games and yes, Minshew based on last years’ games would be a big improvement over O’Connell and of course Garoppolo. It seems like you didn’t watch the games and just went on the stats maybe? Now, obviously O’Connell could improve of course but based on last years play it certainly would be a big upgrade to even average. That would have won three more games last year at least.

In their 8 losses he averaged 178 yards | 58.2% comp | 6 TD | 7 INT | 4 fumbles lost

Dude is 15-22 as a starter

And Shane Steichen was able to mask a lot having him check down and getting the ball out of his hands quickly. 

When he threw the ball in under 2.5 seconds: 

1,951 yards | 68.7% comp | 12 TD | 2 INT

When he threw the ball after 2.5 seconds in the pocket:

1,354 yards | 50% comp | 3 TD | 7 INT

Edited by NYRaider

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In their 8 losses he averaged 178 yards | 58.2% comp | 6 TD | 7 INT | 4 fumbles lost

Dude is 15-22 as a starter

And Shane Steichen was able to mask a lot having him check down and getting the ball out of his hands quickly. 

When he threw the ball in under 2.5 seconds: 

1,951 yards | 68.7% comp | 12 TD | 2 INT

When he threw the ball after 2.5 seconds in the pocket:

1,354 yards | 50% comp | 3 TD | 7 INT

Did you watch the games? He’s a big upgrade over last seasons QB play for sure - though I’m not saying he’s a franchise QB of course and we all know he’s just a bridge guy. O’Connell was better than Garoppolo and Minshew is better than O’Connell last year - this season remains to be seen and we may even have a nice shiny new rookie even 😀

Do you think Minshew is not an upgrade??

Edited by Darbsk

Just now, Darbsk said:

Did you watch the games? He’s a big upgrade over last seasons QB play for sure - though I’m not saying he’s a franchise QB of course and we all know he’s just a bridge guy. O’Connell was better than Garoppolo and Minshew is better than O’Connell last year - this season remains to be seen and we may even have a nice shiny new rookie even 😀

I wouldn't say big upgrade, he's a bottom 5 starting QB.