Around The League

Jerry

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yup been mentioning this all of last week. moving on from pierce would've been to join a lottery type situation for HC(pissing the players off in the process.) 

Also worth mentioning(again) that choosing dodds didn't guarantee harbaugh like everyone thought(who will probably be the de facto GM anyway). 

Also weird that Dodds stays with the Colts again.

9 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

It's really interesting, that the top candidates before the hiring cycle started all stay at their respective teams:

Ben Johnson stays in Detroit.
Frank Smith stays in Miami.
Bobby Slowik stays in Houston.

So basically we only missed on Harbaugh right now.
(That narrative probably change when one of the other hired HCs pan out)

It's really going to be interesting next coaching cycle. Those three and some vets currently don't have HC jobs in Bill B. Vrabel and Pete...So if Texans, Miami and Lions all make the playoffs again I could see a team like the Steelers let Tomlin go to get their next coach. I love Tomlin but his OC hires make me go HUH?!? 

I think AP will be fine but that's a LOT of coaches that could heat the seat unless it's a winning season. Which I think we will have as long as he hits on the OC...I'ed add QB too but if we get Klint then I could see Jimmy staying being we have to pay him either way. Then a trade with Bears for their #9 to get a rookie QB should only take a 3rd.  

On 1/30/2024 at 5:58 AM, Humble_Beast said:

Even their slogan is a diss to the Raiders, “Faithful to the Bay” . That snug think we are better than you attitude 

I personally know people that jumped ship when the Raiders moved to the Niners. I don’t want them celebrating to be honest make em wait longer lol

11 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Seahawks hire Mike Macdonald. That’s 4 vacancies filled by defensive HCs. Another myth broken that the nfl wants offensive HCs

Johnson, Slowik, and Texans defensive coach stayed, so that was a huge factor. 

17 hours ago, G said:

WTF is up with Oakland. Warriors moved out of town, Raiders to Vegas and now A's too...Wasn't long ago Oakland was catching up to SF as the place to be and now both are in decline. 

Lol what? Oakland has been a dump since the late 80’s. So much crime, and poverty everywhere. 

9 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

It's really interesting, that the top candidates before the hiring cycle started all stay at their respective teams:

Ben Johnson stays in Detroit.
Frank Smith stays in Miami.
Bobby Slowik stays in Houston.

So basically we only missed on Harbaugh right now.
(That narrative probably change when one of the other hired HCs pan out)

It's really going to be interesting next coaching cycle. Those three and some vets currently don't have HC jobs in Bill B. Vrabel and Pete...So if Texans, Miami and Lions all make the playoffs again I could see a team like the Steelers let Tomlin go to get their next coach. I love Tomlin but his OC hires make me go HUH?!? 

I think AP will be fine but that's a LOT of coaches that could heat the seat unless it's a winning season. Which I think we will have as long as he hits on the OC...I'ed add QB too but if we get Klint then I could see Jimmy staying being we have to pay him either way. Then a trade with Bears for their #9 to get a rookie QB should only take a 3rd.  

19 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

-Andy Reid admits that Raiders loss on Christmas Day was a wake up call to the entire team. Admits how inspired the Raiders played help them refocus

There goes the notion on here that they didn’t care about the game.

rah rah matters lmao

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Lol what? Oakland has been a dump since the late 80’s. So much crime, and poverty everywhere. 

Yeah....I mean it has the potential, but so did Ryan Leaf lol. 

The city government has seemingly chosen to go to war with their sports franchises instead of, you know, governing. 

It isn't like the area doesn't draw in enough dough for them to support professional sports. It does. It's just easier to complain about stadium costs than crack addicts without looking cold and heartless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Hella business are leaving the bay from all the bippin and robberies. Cali itself is going to shi. 

I would only go back to Stanislaus County for the people, the weather, and the Mexican food, lol. Sure as hell ain't going back for the low taxes, low cost of living, and career opportunites, rofl.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaidersForever said:

I would only go back to Stanislaus County for the people, the weather, and the Mexican food, lol. Sure as hell ain't going back for the low taxes, low cost of living, and career opportunites, rofl.

When I started my last job the opportunity arose to go back to Stanislaus County- I'd been in Detroit. 

I wanted to soooo bad for the reasons you gave. 

I passed hard for the reasons you gave, too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaidersForever said:

There’s literally 5 different states inside California lol