Boston College Head Coach Jeff Hafley is Packers New DC

2024 DC Search  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to be the next DC?

• Jeff Hafley
    • Jim Leonhard
    • Wink Martindale
    • Ejiro Evero
    • Christian Parker
    • Zach Orr
    • Jesse Minter
    • Anthony Weaver
    • Chris Hewitt
    • Al Harris
    • Larry Foote
    • Aden Durde
    • Dennard Wilson
    • Aubrey Pleasant
    • Brandon Staley
    • Joe Barry
    • Bobby Babich
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Leslie Frazier
    • Chris Harris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2024 at 01:07 AM

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah I posted a link about him, started as a quality control guy here under Pettine. Hackett took him to Denver so he worked under Eviro and now Joseph. 

I still think it's too early for him, but we'll see, I thought it was early for Eviro. 

Take this with the requisite grain of salt, but beat reporter Jason Wilde has suggested that MLF has a tinge of regret that he didn’t take the chance on Ejiro Evero the last time around, and so there may be increased odds that he takes a chance on an up and comer this time around. 

14 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

OK so I was ok with being older than NFL players, but I'm not real sure how I feel about being older than the coaching staff

I passed that a long time ago. But I'm not as old as Belichick. 

Packers confirmed Interviews
Brandon Staley (Chargers) - Through McVay. Schooled in Fangio 3-4 defence.
Christian Parker (Broncos) - Knows LaFleur through Pettine and worked under Evero. Mainly 3-4 (Pettine/Fangio/Evero) backgrounds. He's Evero 2.0 but even younger.
Aden Durde (Cowboys) - through Ulbrich and Manuel. Has a 4-3 (Dan Quinn) background. From the United Kingdom.
Zach Orr (Ravens)
Dennard Wilson (Ravens)

Connection with LaFleur either through previous working relationships, previous interviews and indirect links through coaches and friends he knows.
Anthony Weaver (Ravens) - Knows everyone, LaFleur, Shanahan, Saleh, Pettine.
Jim Leonard (Free Agent) - Prior interview, from Wisconsin
Chris Harris (Titans) - Through Vrable & Bowen. Also a prior interviewee I believe
Shane Bowen (Titans) -  Worked together Titans. DC but I think he's free to interview and leave. Would be considered a "retread".
Marquand Manuel (Jets) - Worked together Atlanta Falcons, through Saleh, Urbrich, Shanahan. Was not considered a coordinator candiate last time round and didn't get a sniff when the defensive back job opened up. Don't think LaFleur likes him.
Ejiro Evero (Carolina) - prior interview & worked together at Rams but is already a DC...lateral move may be blocked.
Johnny Holland (49ers) - Through Shanahan & worked together at Houston. Former Packer.
Aubrey Pleasant (Rams) - Worked together at Rams & Packers, Washington. He's from Wisconsin and both have history in the Michigan area.
Patrick Graham (Raiders) - through Pettine
Jerry Gray (Atlanta) - Worked together at Packers
Mike Vrable (Titans) -  Former boss. Defensive coach but more culture guy than X and Os.
Chris Kiffin (Texans) - Prior interview, Bloodlines, Through Shanahan
Pat Fitzgerald (Free Agent) - Former HC interviewee, fall from grace makes him a possible interview option. Through Mark Murphy.
Marcus Freeman (Notre Dame) - Current Head Coach of Notre Dame, same team who LaFleur previously coached for.  Only 38 years old. Crossed paths with LaFleur way back in the day at Texans.
Chris Shula - Worked together at Rams, through McVay
Daniel Bullocks - through Shanahan
Mike Rutenberg - through Shanahan, Hackett & Saleh

No connection to LaFleur
Chris Hewitt (Ravens)
Al Harris (Cowboys)
Joe Whitt Jr (Cowboys)
Don Martindale (Giants)
Leslie Frazier (Bills)
Michael Hodges (New Orleans)
Mike Caldwell (Jacksonville)
Glenn Schumann (Georgia) - Interviewed for Eagles DC gig just recently so he might be open to the possibility of coaching in the NFL.
Joe Cullen (Kansas)
Larry Foote (Tampa Bay)
Ron Rivera (Washington)
Bill Belichick (New England)

Out of the running
Eric Henderson - Through McVay
Vic Fangio (Miami)
Jimmy Lake (Rams) - Through McVay
Jesse Minter (Michigan)
Bobby Babich (Bills) - through Pettine. Has some 3-4 (Pettine) but mainly 4-3 (McDermott) background.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

I just want different.

Better not be a dang Fangio philosophy.

Going with someone who has the same philosophy as the guy you just fired makes about as much sense as wiping your butt before you poop.

I want something aggressive, and I want a new look. More than anything I want an identity.

If that means running a 4-4 and being susceptible to getting passed on but saying good luck on 3rd/4th and short, so be it. I just want a philosophy of STOPPING OFFENSES. Not a philosophy of making offenses go the whole field on you.

I’d love to see a switch to a base 4-3 alignment. Based on today’s NFL, I think that’s the best front. The new tweener in the NFL is that safety/linebacker role. Either stay in base with a safety/linebacker hybrid or run predominantly out of the nickel.

• Like 2

Just thought I'd come in to remind everyone of a few things.

We made the playoffs and won a game.  Came within a few minutes of winning the second one.

Jordan Love is very good.

Our head coach is very good.

Our GM is very good.

Joe Barry is fired.

Who cares who we hire.  Who cares who we draft.  We have competent people running the show.  Let them work and all will be good.

4 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Please no.

Why? Bills fans seem to rate him.

"He turned Poyer and Hyde into All Pros when he was the safety coach. Switched to LB and turned Milano into an All Pro and Bernard and Dodson into stars. Hope the Bills can keep him."

• Like 1