Boston College Head Coach Jeff Hafley is Packers New DC

2024 DC Search  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to be the next DC?

• Jeff Hafley
    • Jim Leonhard
    • Wink Martindale
    • Ejiro Evero
    • Christian Parker
    • Zach Orr
    • Jesse Minter
    • Anthony Weaver
    • Chris Hewitt
    • Al Harris
    • Larry Foote
    • Aden Durde
    • Dennard Wilson
    • Aubrey Pleasant
    • Brandon Staley
    • Joe Barry
    • Bobby Babich
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Leslie Frazier
    • Chris Harris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2024 at 01:07 AM

Detroit and Baltimore probably need to do exit interviews first (i think that's what they're called) and on top of that the coordinators need to travel and meet face to face for their head coach interviews. It's been less than 24 hours since their playoff games so it's too early for any news imo.

I estimate we won't find out anything major until wednesday / tuesday evening at the earliest for those head coach hirings to be announced and then the domino effect of coordinator hirings should finally begin.

I imagine the Packers will be patient and let it play out but we should get our answer by this weekend or on monday to find out as to who our new coordinator will be.

If I was a betting man, I fear we will miss out on a top coordinator for reasons I outlined in my previous post and we will go with Christian Parker.

If LaFleur get cold feet over hiring someone so young then he will play it safe and get one of those Titans coaches, Bowen or C.Harris.

Edited by Chili

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

2 of their position coaches, Chris Hewitt and Anthony Weaver, are considered possible candidates. 

Zach Orr & Dennard Wilson may possibly be added to them .... they are both fine coaches and have earned respect from folks smarter than I am
Washington & Seattle are both interviewing Macdonald for their HC position, so any one of the above 4 may be given the Baltimore DC job if Macdonald leaves ..  I would guess Weaver may be the top of those 4, but that is really just speculation on my part

Did anyone listen to the episode of Pack-a-Day where Mertig discusses the tip he got? Well I just did and I am afraid that whoever on here posted the thing about “Randy Moss in church” pretty much hit it on the head. Mertig literally starts out his story with “I heard from someone that Christian Parker was seen walking around the stadium the day after he supposedly interviewed” - wow, great stuff. 

52 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Falcons go with Jimmy Lake as DC. One less team looking.

Glad that the Falcons are out of the picture. Still got LA Rams and Miami to worry about (and Buffalo for Babich which I think is inevitable).

I'm not too surprised with this hiring. The Falcons gig is likely not a playcalling role as Morris would be handling it himself. The fact that McVay let him leave suggests he has someone else in mind for his DC spot which has playcalling. It's probably Staley assuming Evero remains at Carolina.

If McDonald land the Seattle HC gig he's probably looking at Martindale or taking one of Orr/Wilson/Hewitt with him to be coordinator. Weaver would then be in line to get the Raven DC gig.

This would mean Washington gets Ben Johnson but i'm unsure who his defensive coordinator might be. Maybe 49ers Kris Kocurek? One of the Detroit position coaches?

I'm trying to work out where Durde might land. I thought he might be low-key dark horse for the Atlanta gig but it seems now he might be highly dependent on Quinn getting a HC job somewhere.

Miami and Green Bay would be left fighting over Weaver if it plays out like this but the safe bet he would take the Ravens gig.

Every scenario I play out in my head leads to us getting Christian Parker unless Miami make a late play for him.

Then it would be either Durde, Bowen or C.Harris. None of which are "3-4 guys"

Edited by Chili

6 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Every day that Mike Vrabel isn’t a head coach is a day he gets closer to being the defensive coordinator.

It's been reported that it wouldn't be happening in GB under any circumstances.  I take it LaFleur and Vrabel don't like one another, but that's just a hunch. 

• Like 1

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

It's been reported that it wouldn't be happening in GB under any circumstances.  I take it LaFleur and Vrabel don't like one another, but that's just a hunch. 

Agreed but Staley also wasn't' supposed to be in contention for GB either. So who knows?

34 minutes ago, Chili said:

Every scenario I play out in my head leads to us getting Christian Parker unless Miami make a late play for him.

Not a bad scenario at all.  Hopefully it’s Babich or Parker.  

• Like 1