Boston College Head Coach Jeff Hafley is Packers New DC

2024 DC Search  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to be the next DC?

• Jeff Hafley
    • Jim Leonhard
    • Wink Martindale
    • Ejiro Evero
    • Christian Parker
    • Zach Orr
    • Jesse Minter
    • Anthony Weaver
    • Chris Hewitt
    • Al Harris
    • Larry Foote
    • Aden Durde
    • Dennard Wilson
    • Aubrey Pleasant
    • Brandon Staley
    • Joe Barry
    • Bobby Babich
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Leslie Frazier
    • Chris Harris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2024 at 01:07 AM

As mentioned, having been in the league for not long, and out for the last 5 years, he's not going to have a train of loyal assistants to bring with him.  Almost certainly most of the existing staff is going to be back.  For better or for worse.  

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Enough with the nepotism s*** . The NFL is a small fraternity of people, where relationships matter a ton . Of course they’re going to lean towards guys they know or their other coach friends know. Let’s not use it as a negative , it’s better MLF has more information about him. 

Agreed. And THIS friend took his scheme to a D1 school, implemented it, succeeded with it, and is happy to get back to the NFL as a DC.

Just now, Uffdaswede said:

Agreed. And THIS friend took his scheme to a D1 school, implemented it, succeeded with it, and is happy to get back to the NFL as a DC.

His team was terrible and he was in sights to get fired.  Not sure we should be too buzzed on his D1 success?   It's not like he was some highly successful college coach who wanted to get back to NFL.  I think he was coaching a mediocre/bad team, and his guys didn't love him or believe in him too much to just portal out to better teams.  Not saying he was a bad coach, just that if winning is part of coaching, he wasn't good at that.  

2 minutes ago, craig said:

His team was terrible and he was in sights to get fired.  Not sure we should be too buzzed on his D1 success?   It's not like he was some highly successful college coach who wanted to get back to NFL.  I think he was coaching a mediocre/bad team, and his guys didn't love him or believe in him too much to just portal out to better teams.  Not saying he was a bad coach, just that if winning is part of coaching, he wasn't good at that.  

Going damn near .500 at Boston College in the modern NCAA is no small feat. Terrible isn't how I'd describe his tenure there. 

• Like 4

Just now, beekay414 said:

Going damn near .500 at Boston College in the modern NCAA is no small feat. Terrible isn't how I'd describe his tenure there. 

I almost posted "it's Boston college..." 

• Like 3

Do you guys remember when MM transitioned from 4-3 to 3-4, and what a primary reason expressed was?  I remember thinking that 3-4 was about getting better pass rush.  But MM's rationale was getting better run defense.  Not sure Packers have run it lately like MM originally envisioned, but his original conception was that they'd have 5 guys on the line instead of 4, by counting the OLB.  That this would better protect against runners getting around the corner.  And that the spacing between guys could be smaller, so the running gaps would be narrowed. 

6 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Ya, it’s not like he’s unqualified or any less qualified than the other candidates. He has a pretty strong track record despite being only 44.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Those SBNation posts are always hilarious. The writers have no self awareness of what their programs are. 7-6 at Boston College in the modern era, no matter the schedule in a P5 conference, is a god damn miracle.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, craig said:

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I almost posted "it's Boston college..." 

Yeah, BC doesn't have a crazy history of success.  Its a 5-8 win type program.