Week 14 GDT: Titans @ 49ers

Forge

8 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Yea Brady definitely developed his deep ball acumen and overall big play ability later on. Having Moss still in his prime for some of those first years with McDainels certainly helped accelerate his deep ball development. Let's not forget Brady won his first 3 SBs riding the backs of Belichick's defenses, not his wizardry from the pocket which helped him capture his last two.  

Like I've said before, I think JG will be a guy who will thrive between the numbers until his deep touch develops. Have no problem with that,  as I've seen other QBs develop that part of their game later. Im with you, in that developing your game between the hashes first tends to work out better in the long run. 

Brady wasn't a game manager those first three championship runs though. Well, maybe the 2001 team. By the very next year he had upped his game, leading the NFL in touchdowns. Off point, but just saying he wasn't riding Belichick's defenses. Bledsoe could have done that.

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Brady wasn't a game manager those first three championship runs though. Well, maybe the 2001 team. By the very next year he had upped his game, leading the NFL in touchdowns. Off point, but just saying he wasn't riding Belichick's defenses. Bledsoe could have done that.

Meh, I'll give him the win over the Panthers as more than just being a good game manager. But those other two were just ok performances, with the win over the Rams being as managerial as they come. But his ability to CONSISTENTLY make plays over-the-top of defenses wasnt a key fixture of the Pats offense until Moss and other were acquired and the focus of offensive philosophy changed as he grew/improved as a passer. 

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

Meh, I'll give him the win over the Panthers as more than just being a good game manager. But those other two were just ok performances, with the win over the Rams being as managerial as they come. But his ability to CONSISTENTLY make plays over-the-top of defenses wasnt a key fixture of the Pats offense until Moss and other were acquired and the focus of offensive philosophy changed as he grew/improved as a passer. 

Well yeah...they didn't have anyone of that caliber at the wideout position for a while. Brady still was a top QB though with the likes of David Givens and David Patten. At least I thought so. 

Archived