Will the Ravens ever win the Superbowl with Lamar Jackson?

Slingin' Sammy

I say no, this was their best chance. Back in 2019 when they lost as the 1 seed, we didn’t have (good) Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Lawrence, and Stroud in the conference along with Mahomes. Hell, even Watson and the Browns if he stays healthy next year. This was a tremendous legacy game for him and he blew it.

Edited by Slingin' Sammy

Just now, Malfatron said:

They could have easily won that game

Winning an sb is hard so probably not but they will always have a good shot

This. The odds are against it, especially since they'll have to go through Mahomes. There are plenty of other great QBs in the AFC as well.

They absolutely can, though.

This was Lamar's first year in a modern passing offense and he'll likely win MVP.

I think he'll continue to get better as a passer, and it'll be easier to build a passing offense around him since he's now proven he can flourish in a real NFL offense. WRs will be easier to sign/extend.

I don't believe he has some fatal flaw that will prevent him from winning a Super Bowl. But it's hard to do.

I do think Lamar's prime will be ages 30-33.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

This was Lamar's first year in a modern passing offense and he'll likely win MVP.

I think he'll continue to get better as a passer, and it'll be easier to build a passing offense around him since he's now proven he can flourish in a real NFL offense. WRs will be easier to sign/extend.

I don't believe he has some fatal flaw that will prevent him from winning a Super Bowl. But it's hard to do.

I do think Lamar's prime will be ages 30-33.  

I think you’re being way too optimistic. He’s heavily reliant on his athleticism to be successful. I have a hard time believing a running QB already with two MVP’s will have his best years in his 30’s.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slingin' Sammy said:

I think you’re being way too optimistic. He’s heavily reliant on his athleticism to be successful. I have a hard time believing a running QB already with two MVP’s will have his best years in his 30’s.

He is improving his passing ability at a rate that far outstrips his slight decline in athleticism.

Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick, and Steve Young all had their best seasons after age 30.

I don't follow your logic, since the closest comps to Lamar all excelled after 30.

lol no he’s athleticism is going to regress. His arm and reads aren’t that impressive. They can’t develop WRs to save their life. zay

might he a good number 2. Andrews is getting older. This was their best chance and they weren’t even close. They beat a young Texans team. AFC is going to get better. Chiefs will have their number. Idk, he’s got 3

More years of peak play before he falls. But tell Harboaugh to keep dancing like the clown he is. 

Edited by El Ramster