Super Bowl LVIII: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers

Chiefs or 49ers  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Super Bowl 58?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 11:30 PM

47 minutes ago, Jameson_Neat said:

Chest block is another phrase for running through a defender that has already established position. 

What's it called when a defender tries to run through a receiver to make a play on the ball?

When I've seen other defensive backs called for PI do the same thing the phraseology becomes irrelevant to me. 

1 hour ago, Jameson_Neat said:

The only restriction the DB is doing here is being in better position for an off-target throw. 

After he chest blocked Aiyuk slowing him down resulting in a throw that looked off-target lol. It's not that complex homie. 

Aiyuk-Pass-DB.gif

Alas, you have your opinion, I have mine, and the 49ers have their Super Bowl appearance at the end of the day. It's all good. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

After he chest blocked Aiyuk slowing him down resulting in a throw that looked off-target lol. It's not that complex homie. 

Aiyuk-Pass-DB.gif

Alas, you have your opinion, I have mine, and the 49ers have their Super Bowl appearance at the end of the day. It's all good. 

From memory, off target expecting the pass more in the middle and instead it carries him up the hash into the defender.

It's not as bad as I remember but I'd say they got it right picking up the flag, guessing they ruled it incidental as both were playing the ball.

There's no reason to pick that flag up otherwise. 

16 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Would 49er fans be ok if Purdy goes the route of Eli, beats Mahomes twice in the SB but never wins any other ones.

@Forge @TecmoSuperJoe @adamq

I'd be thrilled with 1. Anything else is icing on the cake. After we saw the last super bowl team get demolished 2 years later, you just never know how long that window will be open.

10 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

The question was would you be ok if Purdy became Eli 2.0. So however Eli’s career went would be Purdys

Would we be okay if Purdy, as the last pick in the draft, became a solid if not quite spectacular franchise QB for the next 15 years while finishing in the top 10 in all time passing yards and TDs and winning two Super Bowls along the way? That would make him by far the third best QB in franchise history, and honestly not that far behind Young given the better postseason success

Edited by jonnguy2015