Super Bowl LVIII: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers

Chiefs or 49ers  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Super Bowl 58?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 11:30 PM

23 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Interesting seeing the "fallout" posts of fanhood around the web in the hours after the loss.

The fallout is one of the more fascinating aspects immediately following the game. I also like the "rival fans come in to gloat over the loser" - you saw certain Philly fans trying to rub it in earlier in the thread. I find it interesting.

18 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

The fallout is one of the more fascinating aspects immediately following the game. I also like the "rival fans come in to gloat over the loser" - you saw certain Philly fans trying to rub it in earlier in the thread. I find it interesting.

Oh we had that in the 49ers team forum with a certain member. Twas a dandy. And by dandy I mean nuisance. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

Do you genuinely think someone other than Shanahan would have beaten KC? After everything we've seen KC do to the rest of the AFC?

CMC only had three rushes in the third quarter and he went pass happy coming out of the gates.

I think you’re missing the point. I don’t think highly of Shanahan at all, never have. I do think highly of the 49ers roster, and given his past track record of blowing big games, this is a fair criticism. 0-3 in Super Bowls while being up 10+ points after halftime in all of them.

Just now, Ray Reed said:

What percentage of NFL fans do you think believe the NFL is scripted? 1-5%ish? I bet that went up after a KC TD in OT with 3 sec left to complete another comeback for Mahomes in a SB lol

KC wasn’t called for a single offensive hold all game. Frankly, I don’t believe the outcomes are scripted, but I do believe that there is an agenda to give the Chiefs the benefit of those non calls, especially down the stretch.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

CMC only had three rushes in the third quarter and he went pass happy coming out of the gates.

He had 22 carries yesterday - he wasn't getting much traction on those carries, should he still be running despite it not working? 

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think you’re missing the point.

I think you're avoiding the question.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He had 22 carries yesterday - he wasn't getting much traction on those carries, should he still be running despite it not working? 

He had 80 yards rushing yesterday, I don’t agree

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I’m not. Shanahan is a career choker. He choked again yesterday, just like he choked 4 years ago vs KC and choked as the OC in ATL. He did what he does best yesterday.

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Interesting seeing the "fallout" posts of fanhood around the web in the hours after the loss. Don't know why, but I find it fascinating seeing people at crossroads with their invested interest. 

Wonder what I'll do. Maybe just invest in nostalgia NFL content here/elsewhere (the game was better then anyway), and peak my head in here every once, and a while. Spend more time with friends/family/other hobbies. At the age where it might be time to transition to casual fandom. Hmm...

Just embrace the Chiefs as your second favorite team. Problem solved. 

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:
17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So that's less than 4.0 ypc. How is that good or effective?

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:
17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I’m not.

So you think someone else wins yesterday? Because I have yet to hear a direct answer to the question you're avoiding:

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

Do you genuinely think someone other than Shanahan would have beaten KC? After everything we've seen KC do to the rest of the AFC?

So who beats Kansas City under yesterdays' circumstances? Dan Campbell? Matt LaFluer? Mike McCarthy? Todd Bowels? 

Because we already know the elite coaches in the AFC (McDermott, Harbaugh, Tomlin, McDaniel) can't. 

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:
24 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Since when is 3.6 ypc enough to run into stacked boxes?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Since when is 3.6 ypc enough to run into stacked boxes?

Apparently when you have an agenda to dig into.

It's en vogue to look at these things with zero context nowadays. We don't know what happens if it's another team that Shanahan plays, it *could* be the same result.

But - right now, 2/12/24 - Kyle Shanahan ran into QB1a and QB1b in three different Super Bowls, and that's his history. Trying to extrapolate that into a narrative is diminishing who QB1a and QB1b are in context of history.

• Like 1