Super Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

STs mishaps were the difference. Plus not taking advantage of the 3rd Q INT. 

Why we didn't call a timeout there made no sense. Time is a non-factor so why not give them a breather? 

Yeah but that ST mishap doesn't become the game changer if we don't fumble opening drive or not get a TD on a rare Mahomes TO. 

5 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

anger in grief 

Not at all. He had his missteps. I think people are going to call it a choke and I don't think that's warranted, but this was probably a C or D with regards to performance from Shanny for me. 

• Like 3

Just now, Forge said:

Not at all. He had his missteps. I think people are going to call it a choke and I don't think that's warranted, but this was probably a C or D with regards to performance from Shanny for me. 

Really? He had few missteps. KC needed Luter's muff, Moody's missed XP, and McCaffrey's fumble to win. None of those are on Shanahan. The offense stalled a few times against Spags defense, but that was to be expected. This loss isn't on Shanahan at all. It is simply a case of "Congrats Mahomes and Reid, you eked out a win"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, struby3 said:

Really? He had few missteps. KC needed Luter's muff, Moody's missed XP, and McCaffrey's fumble to win. None of those are on Shanahan. The offense stalled a few times against Spags defense, but that was to be expected. This loss isn't on Shanahan at all. It is simply a case of "Congrats Mahomes and Reid, you eked out a win"

Yeah, I mean I didn't like some of the play action calls but it just came down to our offense stalling in money downs. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

He's a top 3 HC. We lost by 3 to the GOAT/dynasty of our time. You keep him, what the hell else would you do? 

Get him some game management consultant or help. Something needs to change. 

Three double digit leads in three Super Bowls. Twice, as head coach. Even against Brady, and Mahomes twice you'd think you can grind one of them to a win. But he can't. He's a loser on the biggest stage. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

Only problem I had and it’s a big one, we didn’t capitalize on the turn overs. Fairly simple. We knew it was going to be a race to the finish since we kept it close the whole game. We just shot ourselves in the foot when we needed to make plays especially not running the ball or simple rollout PAs. 

We converted when we needed to at the end, but by then it was too late and we couldn’t get TDS and finished with fgs. 

Edited by StevenK

49ers had it. the TD was there... Aiyuk was wide open in the EZ,,, but Chris Jones just demolished the o-line and made purdy rush and throw to nowhere.
there's no blame

they were just better when it mattered the most. 

Edited by Herodreamer79

That right side just seemed to be in a constant state of collapse. 

it’ll be nice to get to a point of having first rounders, but we need to start hitting them.

fun year, proved a lot. Would be nice to play someone other than Mahomes  

Man, my ****in heart hurts....

I'm tired of this ****...

Three ****in SBs in a row we wet the ****in bed EACH & EVERY time.

I really thought the defense played a great game until those last two KC possessions.

Shanny & Wilks threw the gamw away, plain and simple 

Wills, with the soft-*** zone defense that just allowed Mahomes to march right down the field and tie the game. You had major success rushing four and disguising coverages and then you go away from that at the most critical time. Explain that?

Then he decides to send repeated blitzes in OT. It's Patrick ****in Mahomes & Andy Reid. I could see from my couch that they were ready for those vanilla-*** blitzes that haven't fooled anyone all year. 

I would not have any problems if we moved on from him.

Then Shanny not having an answer for Spags blitz on an obvious 3rd down. 

We have a free blitzer barreling downhill, right in Brock's face with no kind of counter. 

Everybody and their mama knew Spags was going to send pressure and we looked illed prepared in the moment.

We had our chances in the first half. The defense was lights out and Shanny and the offense couldn't take advantage. We had Mahomes rattled for a entire half and we could only muster 10 measley points. That's where the game was lost. 

I'm so ****in pissed right now...

We HAD this one and we just couldn't execute for **** down the stretch

How you let Chris Jones repeatedly blow up plays is beyond me but you just can't let one guy wreck your season. This **** getting embarrassing at this point. The curse of Eddie D seems to be a real thing at this point. 

F.M.L

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

49ers had it. the TD was there... Aiyuk was wide open in the EZ,,, but Chris Jones just demolished the o-line and made purdy rush and throw to nowhere.
there's no blame

they were just better when it mattered the most. 

That's on Shanny...

I said TWO WEEKS ago, whatever you call you make sure Chris Jones is double-teamed on money downs.

Well they didn't and we're losers yet again