Super Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

1 minute ago, Ftn49 said:

No, you don't remember the 90s do you? We won 1 superbowl yet were in the nfc title game 5 times losing 4 of them. Eddie didn't fire any of the coaches that I recall.

Young 80s Eddie almost fired Walsh a few times. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

No, you don't remember the 90s do you? We won 1 superbowl yet were in the nfc title game 5 times losing 4 of them. Eddie didn't fire any of the coaches that I recall.

What? He fired Seifert after 1996. Ok well, he "resigned", but he was essentially fired after not agreeing to an ultimatum by the front brass.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 49ers Finest said:

No major blame on anybody for me. I thought Purdy played well and Kyle overall called a good game, he was aggressive but not too much. The touch/fumbled punt was the major turning point, and the blocked xp hurt a little too.

Was anybody else surprised by our decision in OT to receive? And Kyle loves having the ball last. I was wondering if Kyle knew the playoff rule change bc I didnt know until they announced it. Its so much more advantageous to defer in that scenario. You know what you need, whether it be a field goal or a td and then you have 4 downs the whole drive to do it.

I have to imagine Kyle wanted to give his defense a break since they were just on the field. 

• Like 1

"This is how stupid i am. here i thought after 2019 the only thing wrong with this team was the QB. Well, Brock Purdy played better than we could have ever hoped Jimmy to play and we lost the exact same way! This game was 2019 all over again wrapped up in a different colored bow." -Vish Kumaran

Edited by Herodreamer79

My wife doesn't understand why I love the 9ers so much well she did last night.

After that pacheco fumbled, I screamed. She told me to tone down. I told her I've NEVER seen them win it once and it would be so awesome if our oldest got to see then I proceeded to cry... I wished I could of cried happy tears at the end also. 

27 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Young 80s Eddie almost fired Walsh a few times. 

And what makes this better? It's almost like you guys would rather have Jerry Jones as an owner. Someone with too much ego for their own good.

1 minute ago, Ftn49 said:

And what makes this better? It's almost like you guys would rather have Jerry Jones as an owner. Someone with too much ego for their own good.

I'm not saying that at all lol I think it would be ludacris to fire Kyle. Was just stating history. 

• Like 1

Man, this one hurt.  It just felt like this was really the year.  The stars were aligned.  We proved we could come back from behind.  The Chiefs looked more vulnerable this year.  Finally had a potent offense instead of always relying on our defense.  

I was 17 the last time the Niners won one.  I wish I would have savored that one more.  I was so focused on girls, computers, etc..  My wish has been that I would see another win as an adult.  At this point, the verbiage has shifted a bit.  With my health not great, creeping up on 50, and likely won't see retirement, I just really want to see a win before I die.  

I get it.  Some fans have a team that has never even sniffed a Super Bowl, let alone won 5 of them.  Or, those wins happened way before their time.  Maybe I'm just too invested into this game of football.  Probably.   Okay, likely.

Is it just me or does the whole Trey Lance thing sting so much more now?  If just one or two more competent offensive lineman were in that game, would we be having a whole different conversation right now?  Assuming we used some of those picks on O-line, of course.  All these thoughts are swirling around, and probably will still be until draft day.  

Heck of a year, though, fellow strangers on the internet!  Wild ride, for sure.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm not saying that at all lol I think it would be ludacris to fire Kyle. Was just stating history. 

Gotcha, I get that people are licking wounds. It just bothers me that people think you can trade up from Kyle. At minimum he is a top 5 nfl head coach.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ataal said:

Man, this one hurt.  It just felt like this was really the year.  The stars were aligned.  We proved we could come back from behind.  The Chiefs looked more vulnerable this year.  Finally had a potent offense instead of always relying on our defense.  

I was 17 the last time the Niners won one.  I wish I would have savored that one more.  I was so focused on girls, computers, etc..  My wish has been that I would see another win as an adult.  At this point, the verbiage has shifted a bit.  With my health not great, creeping up on 50, and likely won't see retirement, I just really want to see a win before I die.  

I get it.  Some fans have a team that has never even sniffed a Super Bowl, let alone won 5 of them.  Or, those wins happened way before their time.  Maybe I'm just too invested into this game of football.  Probably.   Okay, likely.

Is it just me or does the whole Trey Lance thing sting so much more now?  If just one or two more competent offensive lineman were in that game, would we be having a whole different conversation right now?  Assuming we used some of those picks on O-line, of course.  All these thoughts are swirling around, and probably will still be until draft day.  

Heck of a year, though, fellow strangers on the internet!  Wild ride, for sure.

Reminds of an OG's take I read elsewhere...

"I'm 77 and had season tickets during those dynasty years. We gave up the seats in 2003. I told my buddy that we've seen the best this team will ever be. I believed that then and I still believe it. Those long sustained runs of excellence are much harder to attain than they were. NE had a unique situation where they played in a terrible division during their 20 year run. The Chiefs are in the middle of great run but I don't see it lasting 15 years"

As for the draft, an extra OL pick would have been nice instead of a kicker or a TE that inspired nobody.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

So does anyone think we will move on from wilks? lol. 

Nope, and there is no need to. He called a very good game last night. The offense lost the game more than the defense did. If it wasn't for the muffed punt, then Wilks defense likely holds the Chiefs out of the end zone and we win the game.

Year two should be better with Wilks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I wonder at what point does Kyle potentially lose the locker room. There will be this even bigger cloud over Shanahan, and at some point players might feel it, or buy into the outside skepticism. Especially when playing a team like the Chiefs. Everyone is human after all. Aye what a mess.

I mean, not for a really long time. This loss is pretty heavily on the players and I say that as someone who is fairly critical of Shanny's performance. He's got them in the final 4 damn near every year, the guys absolutely love him...I don't think that this is even remotely a negative factor in terms of how the players feel about him. 

• Like 2