The "Just Say Yes" Bowl

HeresAGuy

18 minutes ago, Eternal said:

It feels like the whole OT situation with 49ers not knowing OT rules is being overblown, but maybe that's just me. It's more embarrassing for the players admitting they didn't know. I'm just a fan and I was aware of the Playoffs rules.

Would it really have made a difference? The 49ers got their FG in OT and apparently all of the coaches were aware of the rules.

I agree that it’s overblown.

I don’t think any of the Niners players used it as an “excuse” per se, but if any of them did, it’s about the saddest, most loser thing I can imagine. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Like the one reason to take the ball in overtime in the postseason is "your defense was just on the field for a long time and they need a rest."  So the 49ers taking the ball makes some sense.

Well, Shanahans explanation is actually another reason. It is a big deal to be the team with the 3rd possession.  Is it as important as knowing what you need in the 2nd possession (based on what the other team did with the 1st possession)?  It turned out not to be in this game, but it won’t always be so. 

4 hours ago, Lodestar said:

The intentional grounding on Mahomes was bad, IMO. The receiver seemed to be pretty clearly in the area. That call pretty much killed a drive in the 1st quarter. On the whole a pretty clean game from the refs unless, like you said, you want to dissect some of the non-calls (ie. holding).

The way I looked at that was it was intentional grounding because he threw it like a basketball chest pass.  Can't read minds, and I am not the ref, but in no way did I believe that he was targeting the receiver.  At the time, I said that is wouldn't have been grounding if he had thrown it like a regular pass.  To me it looked like he was clearly just throwing the ball to escape a sack.  Which was the real reason for the rule in the first place.

I don’t think that the NFL is rigged, but I don’t think it would necessarily be obvious to viewers if it was. The rulebook is so convoluted & there is so much inconsistency & room for interpretation. It’s said that OL holding could be called on the majority of plays. 

If it can happen in the NBA as much as it did (Donaghy), it can happen in the NFL. 

On 2/1/2024 at 3:36 PM, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm for the Chiefs because I want the people who get mad when Taylor Swift is on screen for like 35 seconds during a 3.5 hour broadcast to be as enraged/unhappy as humanly possible.

Final tally, we had Taylor Swift on screen for 54 seconds out of a 4 hour and 18 minute broadcast of the game.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Just posted without seeing your imbed. What would be interesting would be to see Spag’s normal tendencies. I’m not surprised he threw a ton at the young QB. I’d like to know if it was more than he usually does, that guy is a maniac. 

32 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

QFT.  That blitz on the third down that was the 49ers last offensive snap in regulation secured Steve Spagnuolo his place in Valhalla.

If the 9ers pick that up, they basically had two guys walking it in. Heavy balls on that guy. 

30 minutes ago, Leader said:

The Taylor effect for Super Bowl is overblown for ratings. When she is in a movie, the people who go to see them is virtually non-existent. She is in the movies Amsterdam and Cats, and they bombed at the box office.

8 minutes ago, Eternal said:

The Taylor effect for Super Bowl is overblown for ratings. When she is in a movie, the people who go to see them is virtually non-existent. She is in the movies Amsterdam and Cats, and they bombed at the box office.

I actually could care less...but if her "involvement" led to greater fan interest.....good. Fine with me.
People choose a whole host of **** to get their panties in a twist over. Why...I'll never know.

• Like 2