Commanders hire Dan Quinn as HC, Former Atlanta HC and Dallas DC

scar988

Dan Quinn deserved 2nd chance.   Joe Whitt Jr is a good coach but I don't know if he can handle bigger job. He has been 1/2 DC for many years.   Good Luck to him.

As for OC, I don't know who has the final say on hiring OC but I think it could be either Klint Kubiak or Liam Coen.   Darrell Bevell can be a good starter for revamping offense with new faces and he isn't good enough to get another HC shot.  2 or 3 years out of Bevell before finding a legit OC for serious run.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I don't think this is an awful retread hire as I think criticism of the job he did in Atlanta is a bit exaggerated, but I still cannot fathom going this route over Mike Vrabel. How well this hiring works out I think ultimately depends on the staff he's able to put together, though.

Vrabel wanted FO control.  I think he's going to have to be more realistic in his demands next year.

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Vrabel wanted FO control.  I think he's going to have to be more realistic in his demands next year.

just curious, is it actually confirmed that vrabel was demanding that in his interviews this cycle? i know he wanted it in tennessee, but haven't been following his engagement with other teams since he was fired.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

just curious, is it actually confirmed that vrabel was demanding that in his interviews this cycle? i know he wanted it in tennessee, but haven't been following his engagement with other teams since he was fired.

From our beat reporter, and the guy most Washington fans trust above all others.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

If true, makes some sense. Still might prefer Vrabel even in that case (as I don't really blame him for wanting some FO influence after experiencing the mismanagement of the Titans).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

If true, makes some sense. Still might prefer Vrabel even in that case (as I don't really blame him for wanting some FO influence after experiencing the mismanagement of the Titans).

Yeah, but I'd take Adam Peters + Dan Quinn over Mike Vrabel any day.

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

I would’ve hired Vrabel

but Auinn did actually get further as a HC than Vrabel did 

Further, perhaps - but I think Vrabel had generally less to work with & offered more value himself. Quinn's tenure fell apart once Shanahan left.

11 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I mean all it takes is one team. Vrabel would have been the Chargers coach and probably get to pick his GM if Harbaugh turned them down. 

I imagine Vrabel sits out a season and waits for next years cycle - could be interesting if the Cowboys go out early in the playoffs again and McCarthy gets axed.  He wouldn't have FO control in Dallas but wouldn't have anyone between him and ownership either.

Adam Schefter on Sheehan (local radio guy) just now:

• Quinn was hot in the running the whole time.  He believes they like that Quinn has previous coaching experience considering the context of the organizations (new GM, etc).
  • Among these candidates they got more people backing Quinn than any other candidate with unsolicited calls, people they were surprised to even hear from.
  • Ben Johnson after meeting with Seattle he realized that the idea that he wasn't excited or perhaps ready to be a HC.  He suggested that he's the type of personality that might not dig change.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Further, perhaps - but I think Vrabel had generally less to work with & offered more value himself. Quinn's tenure fell apart once Shanahan left.

Adam Peters and Ran Carthon worked very closely together in SF for years. 

Something tells me he probably didn’t get a glowing recommendation on what it’s like to work with Vrabel.