What do you do if you're the Chicago Bears?

DigInBoys

On 2/3/2024 at 6:20 PM, squire12 said:

Yup.  Hope that 1 of ATL, LV, NO, NYG, PIT, SEA, DEN would be willing to offer a 2nd or 3rd for Fields

Could see the Vikes getting in on that if they don’t bring back Cousins. They liked Fields during the draft and tried to trade up, but would the Bears trade him to a rival. 

35 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Could see the Vikes getting in on that if they don’t bring back Cousins. They liked Fields during the draft and tried to trade up, but would the Bears trade him to a rival. 

I thought about Minnesota,  but the intradivision thing gave me doubts it would happen

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Looks like they’re going Caleb. Do that, trade Fields, or don’t, go BPA at 9. 

No chance both Caleb and Fields are on the roster.  Would be a divided locker room, Fields is well liked, much better to just rip off the band aid and cut him if they can't find any trade suitors, but I'd be shocked if they didn't.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RaidersForever said:

Chicago gets: Maxx Crosby, Davante Adams, 2025 1st, 2025 2nd, 2025 3rd

Las Vegas gets: 2024 #1 and #9

That's what I would do, but I'm a Raiders fan so.....

Yeah that ain't happening 

11 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Yeah that ain't happening 

I don't know... If they have any faith in Fields whatsoever this deal would be really tough. It would be a ton of money... but you'd be stacking the WR corps and you'd be adding a top 5 EDGE to pair with Sweat. All of that and you get a 1,2,3 next year? I like that part a lot.

The only thing that really makes me hesitate is the rookie contracts vs. vet. This trade would stop the Bears from signing anyone else major and they have the room to sign someone big, like a Danielle Hunter. So just for fun;

Caleb + Nabers (value placeholder) + Danielle Hunter (value placeholder) for Maxx Crosby, Davante Adams, 1,2,3 in '25.

It's pretty close. I don't know where I'd go with it. I'm not huge on any of the QBs in this cycle and I think teams can win games with Fields, even though he's really limited. He's definitely not good enough to win in the playoffs right now though.

Edited by nagahide13

38 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

No chance both Caleb and Fields are on the roster.  Would be a divided locker room, Fields is well liked, much better to just rip off the band aid and cut him if they can't find any trade suitors, but I'd be shocked if they didn't.

I just don’t like starting rookie QBs right away. But I also see that aspect of it. Whatever works honestl, I’m sure they can find a suitor

31 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I don't know... If they have any faith in Fields whatsoever this deal would be really tough. It would be a ton of money... but you'd be stacking the WR corps and you'd be adding a top 5 EDGE to pair with Sweat. All of that and you get a 1,2,3 next year? I like that part a lot.

The only thing that really makes me hesitate is the rookie contracts vs. vet. This trade would stop the Bears from signing anyone else major and they have the room to sign someone big, like a Danielle Hunter. So just for fun;

Caleb + Nabers (value placeholder) + Danielle Hunter (value placeholder) for Maxx Crosby, Davante Adams, 1,2,3 in '25.

It's pretty close. I don't know where I'd go with it. I'm not huge on any of the QBs in this cycle and I think teams can win games with Fields, even though he's really limited. He's definitely not good enough to win in the playoffs right now though.

I would much much rather trade down with Washington and grab MHJ at 2 if they are going to stick with Fields.  I like Crosby, and obviously Davante Adams is great, but he is not a long term option.  This team is not in a position to make very short term decisions.  Not to mention they are trading entirely out of 2024's first 2 rounds then.  It'd be a good way for Poles to get fired.

Edited by TankWilliams
  • Like 1