Packers Wide Receivers.

GHARMON9

Who is the best current Packers WR?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best current Packers WR?

• Christian Watson
    • Romeo Doubs
    • Jayden Reed
    • Dontayvion Wicks
    • Bo Melton

59 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

what about the houston texans?  I would possibly trade our WR group for tank dell/nico collins.  Maybe not as much depth, but I think those players in our system would be easy to fill in the gaps there.  I'm sure they have some other players too, like robert woods is not a total 0, and I think they have another guy noah brown who is at least their Doubs.

TE I think the obvious answer is Baltimore.  Mark Anderson and Isaiah Likely are two of the top 10 TEs in the league.

I said "division".

And I wouldn't trade our WR corp for Houston's, nor would I trade our TE corp for Baltimore.  Though Baltimore is interesting.  The Andrews injury is probably what would keep me from doing it.  If he's healthy?  Then maybe.

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

The answer to all three of your questions is NO! 

The difference between the 2024 team and the 2009-2010 is the two headed monster we have a TE. It was Finley and Quarless at the beginning of 2009 until he hurt his neck, then it as Quarless and some other joker. 

Assuming we have Aaron Jones back, our RBs are going to be light years better. I think Starkes was the bell cow in the playoffs during the Super Bowl run. 

Donald Lee and Tom Crabtree, for the record. Not that they showed up on the statsheet.

On 2/5/2024 at 1:56 PM, Old Guy said:

I see the King has cancer. Hoping a full recovery. 

Have they said what kind?  All I heard was they think they got it early and his chances of recovery are pretty good?

23 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Watson was timed in the 4.28 in his 40.  Bing Videos    There was some controversy over his "official" time.  The guys is faster than anyone else we have.  No offense to Reed, Melton or anyone else.  Watson is just in a different class of athlete.  He's a high end sports car and as such, he's in the shop a lot.

I think he might be in the top 10 of fastest guys in the NFL.  Man, if only he could stay healthy...

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

Have they said what kind?  All I heard was they think they got it early and his chances of recovery are pretty good?

Nothing official that I've read/heard - but somebody yesterday mentioned it being bladder cancer. How accurate that is....no clue...but I remember thinking that could be a good thing (as far as having cancer can go.....). My BIL has it and undergoes *frequent* bladder exams so they can detect and remove new growths. It's not the most comfortable of procedures...but the disease is more accessible than others in different organs and can be removed relatively easily. Its a cancer that can readily return however.

Edited by Leader

12 hours ago, vegas492 said:

And here's something to ponder......

Anyone feel like we have a wide receiver who is in the top 3 in our division?  (I do not.  Jefferson, Moore, Amon-Ra)

But, is there a WR corp you'd trade ours for tomorrow?

How about tight end?  I know we don't have one in the top 2 in our division.  

I'm not sure I'd trade our TE corp for anyone else's in the division, either.

It's the sum of these parts.  Giving me serious 2009-2010 vibes.  Draft the o-line, draft defense, draft a RB or two.  Spend FA dollars on defense and LETS ROLL!

i might be taking Justin Jefferson, Jordan Addison, and whatever else the Vikings have over our group, if i'm being honest

but i love your overall point, the depth is fantastic

that's why i think it's crazy some of this fanbase still wants a WR. yes this class is WR heavy and lots of good players, but who are you taking snaps away from on this team? i think it's an advantage to not have a need at this position in this particular draft, other teams will take these WRs and other positions will fall down the board to us 

9 hours ago, Leader said:

Nothing official that I've read/heard - but somebody yesterday mentioned it being bladder cancer. How accurate that is....no clue...but I remember thinking that could be a good thing (as far as having cancer can go.....). My BIL has it and undergoes *frequent* bladder exams so they can detect and remove new growths. It's not the most comfortable of procedures...but the disease is more accessible than others in different organs and can be removed relatively easily. Its a cancer that can readily return however.

I've had two bladder ops in the last two years (not cancer it turns out) and I can tell you a camera up the penis is, well, rather uncomfortable ...............and painful when you pee for the next week or so. I did get to choose music during the op though (chose an epidural over a general anaesthetic) which was Marianne Crebassa (mezzo soprano) singing the Barcarole and the Flower duet, so it wasn't all bad.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, persiandud said:

i might be taking Justin Jefferson, Jordan Addison, and whatever else the Vikings have over our group, if i'm being honest

but i love your overall point, the depth is fantastic

that's why i think it's crazy some of this fanbase still wants a WR. yes this class is WR heavy and lots of good players, but who are you taking snaps away from on this team? i think it's an advantage to not have a need at this position in this particular draft, other teams will take these WRs and other positions will fall down the board to us 

There are three options if you decide to draft a WR this year.

1) You get one with a top pick because you think he can be a genuine number one receiver.
2) You get a receiver anywhere because a guy has dropped so far you cannot ignore the value.
3) You get a developmental guy late in the draft who has good physical tools to work with and expect him to go on the PS.

I don't like option 1, option 2 is ok I guess, and option 3 is fine.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Leader said:

A couple of our neighbors had it too.  The treatment isn't fun but if caught early you can beat it.  I heard his son Harry returned to California so perhaps the King will be okay.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I've had two bladder ops in the last two years (not cancer it turns out) and I can tell you a camera up the penis is, well, rather uncomfortable ...............and painful when you pee for the next week or so. I did get to choose music during the op though (chose an epidural over a general anaesthetic) which was Marianne Crebassa (mezzo soprano) singing the Barcarole and the Flower duet, so it wasn't all bad.

Ah, you like classical?  I sang in the Dudley Birder Chorale when I lived in Green Bay 18 years ago.  It is a real kick to sing with full orchestra.  When I am "home" for the summer and they have performances I sing with them.  It is a very different animal than barbershop singing that I've been doing for almost 30 years.  

Minnesota is head and shoulders better at WR than GB.

There's serious diminishing returns for having a great WR 4, 5, 6 etc.  There aren't enough snaps to go around to feed them all.  GB uses like an average of 2.5 WRs per play across the season, and even having 1 more for depth is definitely enough.  More important to have 1 great one or 2 very good ones than 4 good ones.