Justin Field Trade Options

G08

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

It's very distinct possible that he threw Eberflus under the bus so to speak.  That Bears' offense looked drastically different  than the offense Green Bay ran under LaFleur.  He could have easily argued that Eberflus ordered him to play a conservative, ball-control based offense and that didn't match Fields' strengths.  That seems like the more obvious answer to why Chicago's offense struggled if he were asked during his interview.  Again, I'm still skeptical that Las Vegas is in on Justin Fields, but I wouldn't completely close the door. I think they're more likely to be trading up for a QB.

To be fair if I was Getsy I'd be saying the same immediately. I mean this isn't us on a board with nothing more than bragging rights online, this is him trying to provide for his family. Even Fields would be there for a scapegoat option too, but Flus would 100% be the first one to blame.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It's very distinct possible that he threw Eberflus under the bus so to speak.  That Bears' offense looked drastically different  than the offense Green Bay ran under LaFleur.  He could have easily argued that Eberflus ordered him to play a conservative, ball-control based offense and that didn't match Fields' strengths.  That seems like the more obvious answer to why Chicago's offense struggled if he were asked during his interview.  Again, I'm still skeptical that Las Vegas is in on Justin Fields, but I wouldn't completely close the door. I think they're more likely to be trading up for a QB.

From what I've read, Las Vegas at 13 is considered to be in no-man's-land for a quarterback in the draft--cost too high to move up for what could be the third or fourth quarterback off the board, but drafting too low to get value for QB at their own draft position. I'm inclined to agree, but after all, it *is* the Raiders--they could trade multiple firsts for Penix or Nix and I wouldn't be shocked by it.

On 3/10/2024 at 12:56 PM, CWood21 said:

Completely agree. I also don’t think throwing your former QB under the bus is the way you win a job interview.

34 minutes ago, refundmytickets said:

Completely agree. I also don’t think throwing your former QB under the bus is the way you win a job interview.

We better hope that’s the case now cuz LV may be the only potential trade partner we have left lol. 

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

We better hope that’s the case now cuz LV may be the only potential trade partner we have left lol. 

Its unlikely that they would send him to Minnesota, but I think Denver is more viable than most others do, and I think that New England is a sneaky quiet partner (I think they want Harrison way more than Daniels)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Its unlikely that they would send him to Minnesota, but I think Denver is more viable than most others do, and I think that New England is a sneaky quiet partner (I think they want Harrison way more than Daniels)

I don’t see it in DEN. Payton just wasted a year with a guy who doesn’t fit. Why trade for another?

2 minutes ago, refundmytickets said:

I don’t see it in DEN. Payton just wasted a year with a guy who doesn’t fit. Why trade for another?

A) Because there are very limited options

B) Many people keep putting a great Offensive mind like Sean Peyton into this little box of what he needs at QB. Which is ridiculous to me, he was creaming his jeans over what he could run with Taysom Hill, could you imagine what he could put together that would mess with the league from JF?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

B) Many people keep putting a great Offensive mind like Sean Peyton into this little box of what he needs at QB. Which is ridiculous to me, he was creaming his jeans over what he could run with Taysom Hill, could you imagine what he could put together that would mess with the league from JF?

B especially. Payton got the most out of Hill you possibly could. Now will Fields be a gunner on special teams or anything? No. But he is an actual threat to throw when he has the ball, Hill is closer to Tebow throwing than he is Fields. And I have no doubt Payton would be able to find ways to get the ball in Fields hands even if they want to draft a young guy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yeah, I think he would like to have him to play with, but I don't think he is going to trade for him. 

Just now, dll2000 said:

Common Vegas.  Do it!

It's going to be interesting to see what they do. If they miss out on Darnold (who for some reason is being regarded as a real option, some smoke of him to MIN or DEN), and aren't willing to make a big trade up, where do they go? Zach Wilson? Tannehill? Minshew? Brissett? Dobbs? Wentz?

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

B especially. Payton got the most out of Hill you possibly could. Now will Fields be a gunner on special teams or anything? No. But he is an actual threat to throw when he has the ball, Hill is closer to Tebow throwing than he is Fields. And I have no doubt Payton would be able to find ways to get the ball in Fields hands even if they want to draft a young guy.

They still have a good Defense, and if they can fill the QB role with someone dynamic while leaning on Williams in the Running game they are still a pretty scary team.

If they have to go with one of the lower tier rookies (JJ, Bo or Penix) or a Vet like Sam Darnold, they just arent a threat, and youre wasting yet another year of Sean Peyton

Does that mean Justin is their target, not at all, but to just dismiss them as an option is wrong. Especially as the "cost:" to trade for him come back to reality.

Just like they got out of hand with people talking about "First Round Picks" the new reactionary narrative of "No Market" for Fields is also overblown. Its likely just settling back down to where it was always going to be; A day 2, or multiple Day 3 picks with some type of future conditional pick

The only think I would be worried about, is if Poles overplayed his hand with the Falcons. There was too much smoke early for them not to be interested. But if we vcame out guns blazing talking about FRP and what not, then they may have just gone with overpaying for Cousins instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

They still have a good Defense, and if they can fill the QB role with someone dynamic while leaning on Williams in the Running game they are still a pretty scary team.

If they have to go with one of the lower tier rookies (JJ, Bo or Penix) or a Vet like Sam Darnold, they just arent a threat, and youre wasting yet another year of Sean Peyton

Does that mean Justin is their target, not at all, but to just dismiss them as an option is wrong. Especially as the "cost:" to trade for him come back to reality.

Just like they got out of hand with people talking about "First Round Picks" the new reactionary narrative of "No Market" for Fields is also overblown. Its likely just settling back down to where it was always going to be; A day 2, or multiple Day 3 picks with some type of future conditional pick

The only think I would be worried about, is if Poles overplayed his hand with the Falcons. There was too much smoke early for them not to be interested. But if we vcame out guns blazing talking about FRP and what not, then they may have just gone with overpaying for Cousins instead.

I’m sure the “They’re gonna build around Fields” fanatics on Twitter are having a field day with this lol. 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

I’m sure the “They’re gonna build around Fields” fanatics on Twitter are having a field day with this lol. 

"Bears are going to trade back to get 2 more 1sts, get MHJ at 1.3 and Odunze at 1.9, and then Fields will get the MVP"