Justin Field Trade Options

G08

6 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I just listened to Ian's report. Greg being deceitful as usual. 

It sounded like he said Bears haven't shopped Fields yet because they wanted to be sure about Caleb (medicals).

But then he also said Bears are open to trading Fields.  

It wasn't really clear.  

Am I wrong?  

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

It sounded like he said Bears haven't shopped Fields yet because they wanted to be sure about Caleb (medicals).

But then he also said Bears are open to trading Fields.  

It wasn't really clear.  

Am I wrong?  

Your not wrong

I would be way more pissed if we kept Justin as a 'bridge QB' to start and drafted Caleb than if we simply traded number 1 overall and just kept Justin as our starter. 

To me keeping Justin as a bridge QB would just be stupid.  Divides locker room.   Takes reps away from Caleb, etc. etc.   I cannot believe Poles would do that as a plan.   

And if we were going to trade 1 overall why let teams 'solve' their QB issue in FA?  It is 180 degrees from way he handled trading number 1 pick last year.  It makes no sense that he would handle the trade this way.  

It makes more sense to me that they shopped Justin early.  Either had no good offers or held out for a higher price.  People went in other directions and here you are.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

At this point, I think they're the last team standing.  And even then, I think the Raiders would rather roll with O'Connell and Mishnew than trading anything of substance for Justin Fields.  I still think New England is a big wild card in this whole situation.  If they opt to trade out of the #3 pick, I could see them gambling on Fields with an early Day 3 pick.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I would be way more pissed if we kept Justin as a 'bridge QB' to start and drafted Caleb than if we simply traded number 1 overall and just kept Justin as our starter. 

To me keeping Justin as a bridge QB would just be stupid.  Divides locker room.   Takes reps away from Caleb, etc. etc.   I cannot believe Poles would do that as a plan.   

And if we were going to trade 1 overall why let teams 'solve' their QB issue in FA?  It is 180 degrees from way he handled trading number 1 pick last year.  It makes no sense that he would handle the trade this way.  

It makes more sense to me that they shopped Justin early.  Either had no good offers or held out for a higher price.  People went in other directions and here you are.

Prepare to be pissed off. That's exactly what they are going to do.

• Like 1

There's got to be some team out there willing to throw, say a 4th round pick, for Fields.  Not necessarily as the starter, but as a gadget/weapon and/or backup.  Sean Payton made Taysom Hill into a weapon in his Saints days - imagine if he used Fields in that same role.  Guys like Shanahan, Reid, McVay could totally find a unique way to work Fields into their offense.  Eagles could probably use a nice insurance policy behind Hurts.

We've spent this whole time looking at teams that would trade for him as the unquestioned starter.  That was probably too narrow of a focus.  The market may not be what we were expecting, but there has to still be a market for him.  I'm still confident that Fields will have a new home in the near future.

• Like 1

Draft day, Bears trade down from 1.1 to 1.2

Mayhem as the NFL world watches WAS get Williams and know Chicago is getting Maye

"There has been a trade"

Bears trade down to 1.3 with NE moving up to get Maye.

"Wow Chicago has gotten a haul and apparently liked Daniels as much as the two QBs almost unanimously rated higher.

"There has been a trade"

The Giants trade another haul to Chicago as Chicago moves down to 1.6, NY has their QB.

News is going nuts, Fields is H1M!

Bears are on the clock, and *glass shatters as Stone Cold Steve Austin's into music plays* and thr screen shows Ryan Poles pushing a paper toward the camera, which zooms out and shows Matt Ryan signing. Matt then grabs a card and walks out, down the hall and onto the stage.

"For the 6th pick in the 2024 NFL draft my Chicago Bears have picked my newest WR Malik Nabers!"

We're all confused, excited about the haul and Nabers, and sad because of Matt.

6 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Draft day, Bears trade down from 1.1 to 1.2

Mayhem as the NFL world watches WAS get Williams and know Chicago is getting Maye

"There has been a trade"

Bears trade down to 1.3 with NE moving up to get Maye.

"Wow Chicago has gotten a haul and apparently liked Daniels as much as the two QBs almost unanimously rated higher.

"There has been a trade"

The Giants trade another haul to Chicago as Chicago moves down to 1.6, NY has their QB.

News is going nuts, Fields is H1M!

Bears are on the clock, and *glass shatters as Stone Cold Steve Austin's into music plays* and thr screen shows Ryan Poles pushing a paper toward the camera, which zooms out and shows Matt Ryan signing. Matt then grabs a card and walks out, down the hall and onto the stage.

"For the 6th pick in the 2024 NFL draft my Chicago Bears have picked my newest WR Malik Nabers!"

We're all confused, excited about the haul and Nabers, and sad because of Matt.

This would absolutely be the play if the Bears thought Fields could be an elite franchise quarterback. I just don't see that as reality within the organization or anywhere else. 

12 hours ago, StatKing said:

Prepare to be pissed off. That's exactly what they are going to do.

We brought in Dalton to be QB1 and take all Fields offseason reps in his first year.   Stranger things have happened.   

More likely scenario is they got an offer passed to try to get a higher one and everyone moved on to other options and here we are.  I don’t believe they didn’t get any offers at all.   Even if they weren’t shopping Fields which I also don’t believe.