Randy Gradishar selected to HOF (Finally)

Broncofan

Denver was the most underrepresented team by the Hall of Fame for such a long time. Now it’s finally filling out with Broncos. Still some work to do but they have come a long way, feels like we’ve gotten one most years recently.  Hopefully Wright, Mecklenburg and Nalen get in at some point. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 5:56 PM, BroncoBruin said:

Denver was the most underrepresented team by the Hall of Fame for such a long time. Now it’s finally filling out with Broncos. Still some work to do but they have come a long way, feels like we’ve gotten one most years recently.  Hopefully Wright, Mecklenburg and Nalen get in at some point. 

Why Louis Wright hasn't made it is amazing to me. He was the best "shut down" CB on the NFL before there even was such a thing. I've heard the complaint that he didn't get enough INT's. Pretty simple actually. Nobody threw his way. Louis was an absolute monster CB.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Why Louis Wright hasn't made it is amazing to me. He was the best "shut down" CB on the NFL before there even was such a thing. I've heard the complaint that he didn't get enough INT's. Pretty simple actually. Nobody threw his way. Louis was an absolute monster CB.

5 Pro Bowls

Pro Football HOF All-70's second team

One of the top two or three at his position during his career

Yep, I think he was a definite HOF player. 

Edited by 7DnBrnc53
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 12:45 AM, AKRNA said:

Rich Jackson and Billy Thompson too 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure why but I was thinking about the old "Orange Crush" today. Randy was really fun to watch. An amazing football player and in short yardage situations the best I've ever seen. He was just uncanny in his ability to know where the ball carrier would be. I'm not sure what the success rate was but facing a 1st and goal from inside the 5 it seemed we usually got a stop, forced a FG, fumble or TO on downs.

It was almost routine. Without missing a step Randy would push an OL guy out of the hole and deliver an absolute "slobber knocker" on the ball carrier. Then, sitting on his ***, legs in front of him he'd reach up and grab his facemask to screw his helmet back where it should be. Get up, walk back to the huddle and do it again. My it was fun watching him.  I could care less what his 40 time was but I've never seen another LB with the initial burst he had. 0-100 in .5 seconds.

Anyway, sorry most of you missed him. He was really something. jack Lambert wasn't in his class, he just had the best DL in the league in front of him.

• Like 1