Is McVay better than Shanahan?

Just now, Championshiporbust said:

Is Sean McVay better than his former boss, Kyle Shanahan now?

Shanahan is 0-3 in Super Bowls....

Bro - Comparisons. Start here first.

McVay is simply better because he’s done in it the biggest of stage. He learned from his mistakes. He busted a Kyle this year and steered the ship with very little talent and coached guys up. They are neck and neck, but the SB deff accounts for something. 

Mcvay is him. 

I think they are probably pretty close, but even if you think that you absolutely have to give McVay the edge for winning it all. I don't really know what discussion there is to be had when it's this close but one has the ring. 

Mcvay is 70-45 with a 7-4 playoff record, 1-1 super bowl. 

Shanny is 64 - 51 with an 8-4 playoff record, 0-2 super bowl. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think they are probably pretty close, but even if you think that you absolutely have to give McVay the edge for winning it all. I don't really know what discussion there is to be had when it's this close but one has the ring. 

Mcvay is 70-45 with a 7-4 playoff record, 1-1 super bowl. 

Shanny is 64 - 51 with an 8-4 playoff record, 0-2 super bowl. 

All while being constantly gutted year in and year out. Pretty Damm good. 

I don’t know if I’d look at the result of that one SB McVay won as a deciding factor. I mean they’re so close everywhere. At the time, people were killing McVay in that game too until Stafford connected with Kupp in the 4th quarter. I don’t know that it makes him a better coach than Shanahan.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Kyle never faced a team a SB team as weak as the 2021 Bengals but Sean had tougher playoff roads in the nfc playoffs for both his SB runs. 

Gave Sean and Brees their only L at home

in their history. Down 13 off rip due to TOs. Had the balls to kick  a 57 yard bomb that would have been good from 75. Are you kidding me? That saints team was so

loaded that year! We really sent those cowards to purgatory after that game. They haven’t recovered and MT has never been the same.. Destroyed a loaded and super young Dallas team, running game has over 250.. 

We would have won vs NE if Kupp and Gurley were healthy or if cooks could have hang on. Held Brady to 13 points? Are you kidding me? The goat to 13 points. 

The 21 run was insane… Just so perfect. 😍 

If you were ranking them in a historical context, you'd have to put McVay over Shanny right now.  Kyle is right on his heels though.  He has a clear head to head advantage.  Roster make up has been different (they inherited rosters in different stages of contention), but Kyle has the better record more recently.  It's really about the ring.  If Kyle wins last night, or were to win it next year, I think their positioning would flip, but right now, the title outweighs the areas where Kyle has the advantage, imo.  When ownership pushed all the chips to the middle of the table, Sean got the job done.  Kyle hasn't done that.  Yet, hopefully.  McShay has also done an incredible job of keeping them dangerous, and afloat, in the aftermath of those win now moves.  That's the sign of an exceptional coach.  

Kyle's 0-2 in Superbowls.  I know it's fun to put the 28-3 superbowl on him, but Dan Quinn was the HC.  You wouldn't credit him with the win if they won, so he shouldn't be credited with the loss like that.  No one is saying he's 1-2 in Superbowls if they win that game 6-3.  

Edited by OkeyDoke21